What color...warning, large picture

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
Fawn? Opal? Lynx? When I first got her, she looked fawn. Then she started getting dark hairs. Now she has a lot of dark on her, and what used to be a bright orange is now this dull brownish color.

ade_color_lrg.jpg

Looks like Blue Tort to me. The Darker being Blue (Gray) with it sprinkled throughout the rest of the body. If it's not patches it could be tort. If patches, I would go with Harlequin.

K :)

Yes, it's one of the color patterns. I think it's even recognized by ARBA as a color for french lops.

I think she's a lovely. But then again, I like the Blue Tort.

Blue torts usually have the darker color on their nose? I don't see that on her? If her underside is white then she is not blue tort. How old is she now?

EDIT: Looking back at your other thread i really thought Fawn. Just a darker fawn. If she gets any darker then she could be Lynx.

I really like this Lop Color Guide and is how i chose which colors i liked in frenchies.
http://www.geocities.com/hoppinherdofhares2003/lopcolorguide.html

woahlookitsme wrote:
Blue torts usually have the darker color on their nose? I don't see that on her? If her underside is white then she is not blue tort. How old is she now?

EDIT: Looking back at your other thread i really thought Fawn. Just a darker fawn. If she gets any darker then she could be Lynx.

I really like this Lop Color Guide and is how i chose which colors i liked in frenchies.
http://www.geocities.com/hoppinherdofhares2003/lopcolorguide.html
You are right about the nose. Went back and looked and her nose doesn't have blue on it. Looks like she's a tri (brown, blue/gray, and white (nose and tip of paws). But maybe that just glare from the camera? Pics a bit big.

BTW, loved the Blue Broken Lop on the guide. I know it's not recognized but boy it was a pretty bunny.

No, she's white under her underside. On the lop color website (thank you for the link!!!!) she's lynx. Only right now she's not as dark as the one pictured (she has more orange in her coat). She's 9 months old. From what I've been reading, she may continue to get darker, too. And the lynx makes sense, because it says that " But, a dilute fawn/orange (cream - A-B-C-ddE-) is also recognized as a lynx. "

Thanks, guys!!

What do you see when you blow into the coat? I am thinking of an agouti of some sort...although, it is hard to see if there is ear lacing or eye circles. Do you have any other pics, preferably a side shot?

Sharon

Latest posts

Back