What color is Vega

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenfur427

Reaction score
We picked up Vega last night from the MissouriHouse Rabbit Society. They think she is approx 9 months old. Apparentlysomeone dumped in a recycling bin. She's a sweetheart, very loving, andexcellent with her litter box.

Anywho, her adoption papers say that she is an "Ash Colored HollandLop". Does she look like a holland lop, and what color is she? I thinkshe's a sable point, but I could be wrong.

100_1789.jpg

she looks too big to be a mini lop to me.perhaps she is an oversize mini? or an undersize french lop? an idea ofhow much she weighs would be really helpful.

- Chantel

I just wanted to point out that there are adifference in breed names between the US and other countries like theUK and Australia.

Our Holland Lop (4lb max) is similar to their Mini Lop (3.8lb max), andour Mini Lop (6 lb max) is similar to their Dwarf Lop (5.4 lb max).There are differences in the breeds besides weight, though.

So when the US members on this forum says she looks closes to our MiniLop, and the non-US members say she looks too big to be their Mini Lop,everyone is actually agreeing! How's that for confusing!? :shock:

Since you are in Missouri, I'll stick to US breeds, lol! I'd say sheappears closest to a Mini Lop in size, but there is really no way ofknowing if she is purebred. She could be an oversized Holland Lop, or amix of several breeds. Whatever she is, is gorgeous. I love the SmokePearl color- I had two fuzzy lops in that color several years ago.

i personally think she is a holland. . .

what many breeders call a B.U.D. which means big ugly doe

it isn't saying that she is ugly, i think she is adorable. . . but itjust means that she didn't get one of the dwarfing genes, so she isbigger then some holland lops. it is hard to explain, so i won't go tofar into it (unless ya'll want me to)

it is rather common for holland lops to reach well over 4 pounds. . .when i bred, we had weight very from a tiny adult at 1 1/2 pounds('kitten' was the smallest holland lop i had ever seen) to a 6 poundholland lop doe named margarita. . .i bred both rabbits, so ipersonally know thatthey were both purebred holland lop.

i say holland lop because in the US you just don't find many smoke pearl mini lops. . . they aren't very comming at all.

I'm bringing this post back from the dead, but Ifinally got to to weigh Miss Vega tonight. She weighs 5.4 lbs. Whatkind of lop does she sound like? Thanks guys!

Though 5.4 pounds is closer to a Mini Lopregarding weight, I still think she is probably an over sized HollandLop or Holland/Mini mix. She just has the head of a Holland. A prettygirl, either way!

Latest posts

Back