What color is Pumpkin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsy

Reaction score
I always thought that Pumpkin was a tortoise colored dutch, but yesterday I was looking threw the harlequin picture thread and though "Gee Pumpkin sure looks a lot like these" and posted in that thread. Today I remembered though "Wait... I thought he was a tort."

Haha this should be easy for you breeders to tell, I failll.

Pumpkin091209-04.jpg

Pumpkin091209-12.jpg

Pumpkin092007-1.jpg

He is a Harlequin Dutch. Tortoise is an orange color with darker shading on the sides. There are different color Torts, meaning there are different colors that the orange is shaded with.

Yours is definitely a Harlequin. For a while, the Dutch breeders were trying to get Harelquin accepted as a new variety but the ARBA Standards committee rejected them.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
He is a Harlequin Dutch. Tortoise is an orange color with darker shading on the sides. There are different color Torts, meaning there are different colors that the orange is shaded with.

Yours is definitely a Harlequin. For a while, the Dutch breeders were trying to get Harelquin accepted as a new variety but the ARBA Standards committee rejected them.

Sharon

Exactly what Sharon said. I couldn't figure out how to explain it, hehe.

Emily

Haha thanks everybody! Can someone tell me how to pronounce "Harlequin"? Everyone is always asking me what color he is and of course I knew how to say tortoise :p. Also could someone post a picture of a rabbit that color so I could know how to tell the difference for future reference? Thanks!

I say it like: harley (as in harley davidson) and quinn (like Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman :p, some ooold tv show). But sort of string it together fast, so it sounds more like 'harl-uh-quin'.

This thread made me wonder, can you get a torted harli dutch? Lots of harlis here are torted.

Latest posts

Back