What color is my Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
When people ask what color my bunny is i just say black and white, whats the correct term for her coat. Heres some pics of her.

Bun3.jpg

Bun8.jpg

Bun15.jpg

Wow, she's a stunner.

I know what I suspect her colour is, but I am sure that someone can give an accurate answer.

Hope you get one :)

I'd hazard a guess at...broken siamese sable?The reason why I think that is because it looks like she has a mask/butterfly darker area on her noce and face, and I'm not sure that a black and white rabbit would have that. She also appears to be more of a deep brown and white rather than black and white.

I was thinking a broken something, lol, I just wasn't sure what the something was.

With regards to the black and white buns not having the butterfly, english spotty does. We had an english spotty nethie who had the butterfly. but that's not to say that that is relevent here, lol.

Oh yes, I didn't mean the traditional butterflyagainst a white background, I more meant the mask shape that shadedcolours have. My BunBun has a mask shape of black against his broen furespecially when he's moulting (he's a sable). Sorry for the confusion:D.

It looks like she's an otter of some sort. I seethe shading on the muzzle, that Minilops mentioned. Perhaps she is abroken sable otter, if that's possible? Most likely she's just auniquely color broken black otter.

Sable otters aren't a genetic possibility(sables would be martens). Hard to tell from the photo - itdoes look like an otter, but has a lot of white hairs throughout thepattern, and has what appears to be a distinct D'argent butterfly(mask).

Maybe a broken silver black otter?

Pam

Back