What color are they

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people rebreed within 3 days (the doe willbe most receptive then). I tend to wait a bit more and let the doe havea couple of weeks off before getting pregnant again - or sometimes Ijust give them a month or so off. Then again, I try to only breed them2 or at most 3 times per year.

Some breed early am some breed later in the afternoon. Ifshe's receptive to the buck and wanting to breed - it won't matter -she'll breed so easy that it will be amazing.

I like to let my buck breed the doe 3 times as it means she'll havemore babies and smaller kits - or so I've been told. At least it worksfor me - haven't had any stuck kits yet and nice size litters.

The doe doesn't mind either. Sometimes I will walk away andleave them alone after I see the first breeding (if the doe isreceptive) and come back later only to find the doe doesnt' want toleave the buck and will hide behind him. When that happens, I let thedoe stay with the buck till she's ready to come out - maybe aroundsupper time or the next morning.

HOWEVER - lionheads (at least my lionheads) are pretty mild manneredand have easy-going temperaments. I wouldn't leave a temperamental doein with a buck unattended at all. I'm just talking about some of mygirls.....

Peg

Thanks so much. Things are just so different than with goats. It is amazing how quickly rabbits recover

Thanks so much for your help.

Marie

Back