what color are these lionhead kits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HototMama

Reaction score
at first i was thinking broken smoke pearl marten and smoke pearl marten. but now that they are older i am thinking i am wrong. they are a marten of some sort.

Dam is Black Silver Marten
Sire is broken smoke pearl marten

please ignore the notes in the pics. they are for my own memory.

013.JPG

003.JPG

could the first one be a sable marten? No idea for the second. I dont know if anyone who breeds lion heads comes on this site anymore but i hope someone else will help

i think sable marten is to dark for him. i am starting he is a self color. like blue or lilac. because i am not really seeing any shading. and i don't think he is a marten now because he does not have any silvering around his eyes.

I didnt think I saw silver lacing anywhere but you sound so sure. My breeds are all short hair so I am lost when it comes to wooled breeds. Probably when they are a little older it might be easier to tell

Martens do come with silver eyeliner, almost an opposite of a hotot. Anya's eyes are rimmed, but her collar and chest are not breed standard. She's one of my rescues. It's much more prominent when her eyes are open, but she's playing and won't pose.

20140516_154421.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back