What can I breed to What to produce a broken Opal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redthunderrabbits

Reaction score
I have an odd question and I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me. I have a broken opal holland lopbuck with mostly broken opal in his pedigree. I have a few doe's too choosefrom:

1. Broken black - agouti mother andblack father with a lot of variation

2. brokensable - broken blue mother, sable father

3. agouti doe - you name it it's back there including tris

4. broken fawn doe - she out of the agouti and a brokensable buck

Which one of these does can i pair with the opal to possibly produce more opals??

Thank you all so much for yourhelp ive looked for people up here in NY that have Opals but noone does. :(

I don't deal with brokens,If you want some solid opals you need a solid doe to compliment your buck. I'm fairly sure you don't breed broken to broken are you will end up with charlies. Best bet is with the Agouti since opal is a blue agouti. Is the agouti a chinchilla, chestnut, squirrel???

Ok You can breed borken to broken. yes you have more of a chance to get charlies but you breed those charlies to a broken or solid and end up with REALLY good brokens. 2,3,or 4 would work. you want to breed two dilutes to get a dilute. Can you find a solid opal doe around your area? That would be your best bet.

Crystal

Latest posts

Back