What breeds would live well together?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsMySimi

Reaction score
Since I'm looking at all differnt sorts of rabbit breeds for later into the school year, if I can handle another one...

Which breed would be best with Ash? Should I stick to a Holland Lop? A Nethie, maybe? Stay with small breeds, or if I wanted to, could I try to bond him with any breed? No matter the size...

I'm looking into rabbit rescues in the Maine area... Just looking.

From my experience, breed has very very little to do with bonding - if anything at all.. all about personality! Some breeds have certain personality traits, but even that isn't an exact science, since I've metaggressive and independentrabbits who are supposed to be a friendly, gentlebreed and vica versa.

For me, first I tried my holland lop cross (Poppy) with my lionhead cross (Pebbles), worked decently but nothing that 'clicked'.Then I got my french lop (Bruno)-tried for a trio, didn't succeed so I bonded Poppy and Bruno. So this is a roughly 3-4lb bun with a 11-12lb bun. Then came along Jasmine, a rex cross, so tried with Pebbles, and Pebbles was just bullying her. I then thought, what about all four? So had all four, and Jas and the couple (Poppy and Bruno) instantly clicked because Bruno was the dominant in the trio, Poppy was the kind and warm hearted one, and Jas was submissive and went with the flow.. and Pebbles is a single girl! The only reason I've had success with bonding is because I've somehow had bunnies plop in my lap that when I tried to bond, their personalities just clicked together. Some people aren't so lucky though, that's why bonding can be a hit and miss thing.. so you really just have to go into it expecting to have two single bunnies, and if bonding works.. well fantastic! Sort of like humans, you can never really know if a relationship will work or not just by appearance, all about the personality ;).

Latest posts

Back