What breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njbunny

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out the breed of my new bunny, He has a blockish head like a lop but he has straight up ears.

7ee52bb3c13474604a588b17c45a1f20.jpg

Also, is there any way to tell the age of an adult bunny?

Looks a lot like our boy Finn--he's a Havana and Mini Rex cross. No real way to tell the breeds involved unless you see the parents--other than that it's just guess work unless your crystal ball isn't in the shop like ours is. Age is another hard thing to tell unless they are very young or very old--darn, where's my crystal ball when I need it?

How can you tell if a rabbit is really old? This guy when using a chart seems to be the correct weight but he still feels a bit bony to me. I can easily feel his hip bones and I can fill his spin (every bump) when he is really tucked into a ball. He is about 6lbs.

What type of fur does he have? At 6 lbs he's too big for a mini-rex and too small for a rex, but havanas come in broken and can be in the 6 lb range. He also has Polish features, but their max weight is only 3 lbs. He's probably a mixture. Yes, better pictures would help also.

He does not have that super soft rex fur. Just normal bunny fur but this is my first bun so???? I thought he may just be a mix but was curious to know if you guys could spot it right off the bat.

Latest posts

Back