What breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daenerys

Reaction score
So, I was just wondering what breed or breeds this little girl is. White with blue eyes, ears are larger than most dwarfs and are often drooping but I haven't seen them go all the way lopped. She is very young still, not mature so only a few months old. Pictures:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

What weight is she? And do you have an idea of how old?the side on close up of her head looks beveren shaped she has that roman nose that they have

I totally forgot to ask how old she was, but my boy Basil is about 2 pounds 3 ounces last time we weighed him (March 27th) and she is lighter than he is. She is also smaller in size. Basil is not quite a year old. We do not have any sort of scale (we borrowed our friend's when we weighed Basil) otherwise I'd go weigh her right now.

She honestly just looks like a NZ cross :)

Too big of ears for a Netherland Dwarf and he looks a bit too long..

They don't look like Lop ears either.

She couldn't be an NZ cross with Blue eyes, I don't think. :) BEW x anything solid makes for VMs. I'm not sure that a REW could throw them either since they mask something and it would also make VMS. I'm not 100% sure if this is all correct, I'm no good with genetics.

I HONESTLY want to say Beveren but it's really doubtfull, seeing as they are extremely rare. Probably a cross of some sort.

I hope she is not a purebred Beveren because Wikipedia says they get like 10 ponds or more....I was told she is a dwarf and since she is still smaller than my dwarf and she had been with the pet store she's from for several weeks, I assumed she was a bit older than 8 weeks since that's when babies are ready to leave the mom.

I don't think she's purebred. She seems too small to me to be a purebred Beveren. I'm guessing she's amix...and with those eyes, it's really hard to tell. Her ears are outrageously large, so there'sa chance she could me mixed with a dwarf that just didn't have the dwarfing gene, so that's why she has the larger ears. ;)

What does her fur feel like? It almost looks like she could be a cross with a Mini Rex.

With petstores they will often get babies in that are way to young to leave momma. She could have gone in there at 5 or even 6 weeks, and is now 8, 9, or even 10 weeks. ;)

Emily

Yeah...pet stores usually don't mark breeds right. XD I have come across some crazy lables for some bunnies... so she could be anything really. lol

I love the giant ears. :p

I really like this pet store, they usually know what they're doing. The lady got the gender right and they take perfect care of all their animals, so I am inclined to believe that they at least get the dwarf part right...but yeah she could be a mix between dwarf and something else, too. They generally don't get purebred buns. Well, except the lionheads. They had a lionhead there too.

Her fur feels the same as Basil's...but Basil is not purebred either. *shrugs*

And yeah her giant ears are ADORABLE, I love them :p

Yes, I'd wait until she is of mature size and has an adult coat. At this point, it looks like she could be a mix of just about anything.

God she really is a stunner. Absolutely gorgeous. She can't be old at all, with that tiny baby face lol.

Jen

Heheh, thank you :) She is the sweetest little thing! She has already learned to keep the poops in the bathroom and she doesn't chew on anything she is not supposed to. So much better behaved than Basil when he was little :p

Lol aww. She just has an angel face 'I am so gorgeous I can just do whatever I want by giving you 'that' look'. Hahaha.

That's great that she is so good when it comes to the training.

I'm sure she won't get massive- I hope anyway lol! Otherwise you are gonna have to get her to do laps round your apartment for her daily exercise! :p

Looking at the size of her ears though...it's like she needs to grow into them...and they are quite big!!!!!!

Jen

Yeah the ears are why I am worried...I hope she is just an odd mix of breeds that will result in her being dwarf sized and having "dumbo ears" for the rest of her life....not only will that be good for me, it will be just so darned adorable!

Oops I meant to just put the first pic but the others are gorgeous too!!!

LOL now THAT would be adorable- if she stays with dumbo ears lol
Jen

So, I stopped by the store where my boyfriend got her from and asked them about breed and age. They say they normally receive rabbits when they're 6 to 8 weeks of age and she was there for a full 4 weeks before we got her. That would put her at roughly 10-12 weeks old right now. They also say all the rabbits they get are dwarfs but the majority have something else mixed in with that, so she could be anything mixed with dwarf.

Latest posts

Back