What breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got my rabbit a week ago and the lady told me he was a Holland Lop.. I just wanted to make sure if he is or not.. My parents might freak if he gets bigger than 4 lbs @_@
He's only 3 months right now and my parents already think he's HUGEEE.
Anyways, here's somepictures of him =)

bunny.jpg

bunny2.jpg

bunnyfoofoo2.jpg

bunnyfoofoo3.jpg

Excuse the Chinese newspaper. lols I already replaced them with CareFresh. lols

Oh, also. I need a name for him >_< He's been nameless for a week and I just call him bunny ahaha
My mom got mad at me because I haven't named him.. =(

Any suggestions? ^^

I'm not sure what kind of lop he is, but he is cute.
Also, you shouldn't need any kind of litter outside the litterbox if he's in a solid-bottom cage like that. Carefresh gets expensive. I also find it's easier to litter train them if the litter is only in the box.
I see on the side there it says Bunny Foo Foo which I think is a fine name for a handsome bunny like yours.
I'm partial to human names for bunnies too. He looks like a Patrick to me (he reminds me of my old English teacher, to be honest.)

missyscove wrote:
I'm not sure what kind of lop he is, but he is cute.
Also, you shouldn't need any kind of litter outside the litterbox if he's in a solid-bottom cage like that. Carefresh gets expensive. I also find it's easier to litter train them if the litter is only in the box.
I see on the side there it says Bunny Foo Foo which I think is a fine name for a handsome bunny like yours.
I'm partial to human names for bunnies too. He looks like a Patrick to me (he reminds me of my old English teacher, to be honest.)

Haha thanks. Yeah, I think he was getting confused on where to poop. LOLS But he's litter trained now ^^ So it's all good. lols He learned pretty fast too! Less than a week :D He makes me a proud mama XD lols
Yeah.. I don't like naming my pets after human names.. Sounds awkward. haha Originally I was going to name him Shia, but I didn't really like it after a while. lols
But ahh.. I'm not sure what kind of breed he is either.. >_< I was thinking either Holland or Mini Lop, or he could be mixed.. I don't really know TT-TT' ahha

Thanks for replying =)

Where did you get him? He's really cute! and I can't tell if he's a holland or mini-lop. I have a guess, but I'll leave it to the professionals here.

Anyhow, he's just as cute as can be! I keep thinking Chester, but what sort of things do you like?

He looks like a holland lop to me. But I'm no expert. I've also never seen a mini lop that young.

When I got Ash (Pure holland lop male), he was 3 or 4 months old, or so the breeder said. I'll post a pic for you to compare the two. He was quite big, not large (comapred to a 3 or 4 month old Flemish Giant!), but seemed big - probably as big bone-wise as my full grown Neatherland Dwarf was.

Like I said, I'm no expert, but I'd say he's a holland lop... As for names, I can't help you, it took my about 2 weeks to name Ash! Though, maybe Gus, that's what I was going to name Ash, but I think it'd suit your boy. :)

I'm not sure how big he'd get if he is a Mini Lop, I don't really know much about the breed...

A head shot of Ash.
bunnyjuly283.jpg

(That I find your boy looks a lot like Ash did)

And him laying down...
bunnyjuly281.jpg

Just thought I'd add, Ash was VERY fluffy (My mother thought he'd turn out to be a Fuzzy Lop rather than a Holland Lop) so he looks a lit bigger than he actually was... Is there any way you could weigh your boy to see how much he weighs?

Bashful_harmony, your rabbit is so adorable! I love how his blue eyes match with his broken fawn coloring! To me he looks like a Holland Lop. But I get mixed up which one is Holland and which is Mini. They look the same to me! Lol. So I think that he looks Holland, compare him to purebred pics of Hollands and Minis. You might be able to find out a bit more. Also by reading about how their bodies are formed, like shape of head, posing position etc.

Hope it helps!

BSAR wrote:
Bashful_harmony, your rabbit is so adorable! I love how his blue eyes match with his broken fawn coloring! To me he looks like a Holland Lop. But I get mixed up which one is Holland and which is Mini. They look the same to me! Lol. So I think that he looks Holland, compare him to purebred pics of Hollands and Minis. You might be able to find out a bit more. Also by reading about how their bodies are formed, like shape of head, posing position etc.

Hope it helps!

Just had to add to this - Holland Lops are supposed to have that "apple" shaped head.... I'm starting to think he's not a holland lop... Did you get him from a breeder?

Mini Lops (this is what my mom told me she's the rabbit lady) will be 4-6lbs, she thinks, so he shouldn't much more than 4 lbs, unless of course, he turns out to be an English Lop! hehe...

He's cute, no matter the breed... It's hard to say. He could be a lower quality Holland, or a mini, it's VERY hard to tell... If you can get a weight, that should help some.

^
Ahh, I got him at a pet store.
Here's a link to the store on Yellowpages:
http://www.yellowpages.com/info-SP26939071/Glendora-Village-Pet-Shop?from=qpibp-mi

I just weighted him right now. He's like 1 lbs. lols
BTW Your Ash is absolutely adorable :D

[/b]BSAR: haha Actually his blue eyes scare me sometimes! But I love his fur XD So soft and pretty haha

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments. I shall go and tell my bunny! haha XD He's such a cutie. So lazy though TT-TT lols But mama still loves him <3

Ahh.. hopefully a name will hit me soon.. I feel bad that I just call him bunny =.=

He looks like a holland to me.He may be a Holland Mini mix. But he does have Holland in him. His face isn't as long as a mini's

he looks like a holland to me. here's my boy Jamie at 12 weeks old for compairson-

ok, never mind for now, photo bucket won't let me on!

ok, i found some pics from a REALLY long time ago. i think this will work!

BabyViolet12weeksoldNov2007002.jpg

BabyViolet12weeksoldNov2007.jpg

ETA:IT WORKED! yay!

He is absolutly adorable! I think he is a mix because he looks like a holland and a mini lop in different places! I think you should name him Wilbur! Like the pig! Not that he looks like a pig or anything I just think its a cute name!

Are you in the Uk Bashful?? if you are then I would say he is a dwarf lop (our name for a holland) if he is he should get to around 4 1/2 lbs (or a bit more)in weight but by then your parents will be so in love with him they won't mind ;)

his ears are to big for a uk mini lop and they tend to have a face kinda like a netherland very flat and they stay small as an idea their adult weight would be 3.4lbs

I hope that helps a bit maybe :phe is very cute :)

Back