What breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what breed Foo Foo is? Ithought that she was a holland lop, but i've seen other pics of thatbreed and they dont look like her. I also need to upload a more recentpicture. her clors have darkened on her face/ears, and her coat itselfhas changed A LOT since i first got her...I suppose uploading morepictures is my next task. ;)

Thanx!

-Steph

View attachment uglysungoddess.bmp

How old is Foo Foo? She looks like aHolland Lop.(average 3-4 pounds). By her color, Iwould highly suspect she's a Holland. She just doesn't havethe classic show "type" with the rounded head and shorter, wide ears.

A larger lop is the Mini Lop (in the range of 6 lbs.)

Pam N.

pamnock wrote:
Howold is Foo Foo? She looks like a Holland Lop. (average 3-4pounds). By her color, I would highly suspect she's aHolland. She just doesn't have the classic show "type" withthe rounded head and shorter, wide ears.

A larger lop is the Mini Lop (in the range of 6 lbs.)

Pam N.
Why is tort so much more expected to be holland than mini?

signed the girl whos knows 4 tort minis lol :p

I remember asing that a long time ago I forgot the answer

Hey, thanks for the info. I was told before she/he(not sure anymore) is a holland lop, but I just wanted to makesure.:DI'm not too sure of how old Foo Foo is, she/he wasreally little when I got 'em. I've hadFoo Fooforabout 2-3 months.

I have also been having a little bit of a problem with she/he nipping,tugging on clothes and such. I've read many posts about this. I don'tbelieve it's out of anger, cuz there's really no reason for her/him tobe angry. I give Foo Foo timothy hay every other day, give a carrotonce a week and always hang out with Foo Foo before I leave for workand when I get home. Foo Foo also has a BIG cardboard box in "her" roomto chew on (which is shredded all over the floor every day). I wasthinking that it could be because Foo Foo needs to be spayed/neutered.But I'm not sure of when to get it done, and I'm also worried about thecost. :(I also had a theory that it could be because Foo Foogets lonely, and we're thinking about getting a little kitten as afriend ;). (if kittens grow up with another species, they never realiseit's supposed to be an enemy-e.g. dogs)

Any advice on these topics is greatly appreciated!

~Steph (a.k.a. NewBunMom)

Gabby wrote:

Why is tort so much more expected to be holland than mini?

signed the girl whos knows 4 tort minis lol :p

I remember asing that a long time ago I forgot the answer

***The non-extension gene is far more common in the Hollands than it isin the Mini Lops. The steel and agouti genes are far morecommon in the Mini Lops than in the Hollands.

Pam N.

Welcome Steph!

What a beautiful face FooFoohas!

I would suspect that the tugging on you is to get your attention andlove. What a little princess! Rabbits tend torelate loud expressions such as "OUCH!" I'd start there whenshe nips or pulls on you, and more often than not, they eventually pickup that this isn't good behavior.

It could definitely be because she's not fixed yet asunspayed/unneutered rabbits tend to be a bit more aggressive.As to cost of the operation, you may start out about asking a localshelter or breeder in your area that might recommend a place that cando it at a reasonable cost, if your vet is too steep.

-Carolyn

What a beautiful bunny! Iwas wondering what kind my is. She looks just like that, onlydifferent colors. Mine is white with tan and black markingson her body and black or gray around her face.

I don't have a scanner so I don't know how to download her picture.:(

Hey, my Foo Foo's coat has changed a lot since that picture you see there.
The main part of Foo Foo's body is now mainly white (or off white),with a spot of light brown on each side of her body (where the hipswould be). From the middle of her back going toward her face, the hairgets a little darker, and as soon as it hits her head it gets dark greywith a little bit of brown in it. Her ears are grey and black, and herpaws are dark like her face now too. She has a lot less brown in hercoat than you see in that picture. So your bun is probably a hollandlop too. :p

Hope you're having as much fun with your bun as I am with mine!

P.S. I am currently taking veterinary assistant training courses, so Iwill be able to help many in here a lot better very soon! Just thoughtI'd give you all the great news! :D

Cool Steph! And I'm taking Professional PetGrooming so I can soon make everyone's pets look PRETTY! lol It's notjust that I get to learn about their padded feet and head shapes andteeth and stuff....pretty cool :)

Hey, did you guysknow that there's a font named Georgia? -lol :D(sorry ithought that was interesting)
As far as sharing myexpertise with everyone, I won't be finished with the courses for1-2yrs. :shock:but while I'm learning I'll be sure to put inmy imput anytime I learn something new that could help y'all out.
HeyMyBunnyLovesMe, I justwanted to say that Ontario is great. I lived there for a while (with mymother when I was younger) in Scarborough.
If anyone wants tocarry on a convo. with me just IM me through AIM. My screen name ismentioned within my profile.

Hope to hear from y'all soon!

~Steph

p.s. I dont seriously say "y'all" I justlike to type it cuz everyone else here in GA says it all the time. -lol:p

hahah yeah it's like everyone thinks because I'mCanadian that I say EH! EEEEHHHHH! lol My schooling is only like 4months long, but when you're working with dogs, I guess there's only somuch you can learn :) So I shall be completed in no time! I'm afraid Idont have AIM! Just MSN! But I'll talk to you on here! :) Welcome tothe boards!

carrots wrote:
Ifyou want to find out your rabbits age you could always take it to thevet where they can look at their teeth and determin the average ageyour rabbit is. :D

A rabbit's teeth grow continually at 1/2 inch or more per month and donot reflect the rabbits age in any way as a horse's teeth would.

Pam N.

Steph wrote:
Hey, my Foo Foo's coat has changed a lot since that picture you see there.
The main part of Foo Foo's body is now mainly white (or off white),with a spot of light brown on each side of her body (where the hipswould be). From the middle of her back going toward her face, the hairgets a little darker, and as soon as it hits her head it gets dark greywith a little bit of brown in it. Her ears are grey and black, and herpaws are dark like her face now too. She has a lot less brown in hercoat than you see in that picture. So your bun is probably a hollandlop too. :p

Her color is probably sable point -- although it was hard to tell fromthat photo. We'd be able to tell better from a more recentphoto. Sometimes young sable points can appear to have a"peachy" cast to the coat when very young, resembling the color of atort.

Pam N.

Awww! Such a sweet looking bunny you have Steph! Ilove those big back paws aww! :DCongrats on working towardsVet assistant training, good luck with it!

~pam

I'm from Georgia too. Andyes, I use ya'll all to often. Strangely enough, my name isStephanie too. That's kind of interesting. I'llbring a disk to work to download a picture of mine or should I say mydaughter's Baby. My boyfriend tells me all the time, hethinks I got it for me more than my daughter. I just say it'sours.:p

haha, that'scute thatyou've claimed that bunny. :)I would have done the same:p

As far as a more recent picture goes (which everyoneseems to need to see), if you go to my profile there is a "homepage" inthere for you to click on, there's a lot of pics in there of my family(including the animals in it). But I haven't put a recent pic of FooFoo on it yet :shock:-oops.

Thanks for the imput y'all. :p

If anyone has AIM or MSN my screen names are: AIM=spngeb0iemeb0b, MSN=[email protected]

~Steph

aww! so very, very cute! i was underthe impression that batman is a mini lop, but after reading pamnockspost, im thinking hes a holland. hes about 3lbs. has shorter/wider ears& a little round head. when i get some decent pics on here wellfigure it out.

Hey guys! Guess what! I finally put some new updated pictures online of Foo Foo!

This should help in determining the specific breed, and if anyone elsewas wondering what breed their's is (if it looks like mine) it'sprobably a Holland Lop. Lemme know what ya think!

http://photos.yahoo.com/timmys_lil_wife

~Steph

Latest posts

Back