What Breed(s) ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyWabbit

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are both mixes/mutts. I thought it might be fun to see if anyone knows what they might be a mix of. :) Thanks!

Dexter:
6lbs

DexterPics_zpsa84cf130.jpg

Penny:
7lbs

PennyPIcs_zpsba6ee1e4.jpg

I can also suggest New Zealand for dexter. Did you get them at the same place? His coloring is called gold tipped steel and it actually pops up in NZ litters! Soo he could be one also. Are they full grown?

I would guess palomino for penny. Also awesome pictures to do breed id with! Very clear and good lighting!

Last edited:
Thank you!

They are full grown, both over a year, sorry I should have mentioned that. I don't know where they came from originally as they were rescue cases.

From what I'm reading Palomino's are 8-11 lbs and New Zealand's are 9-12 lbs. So my two would be on the smaller side for both those breeds but I definitely see the resemblance. I always thought Dexter was a chestnut agouti but gold tipped steel sounds much cooler. :)

:) I think I'm going to go with Penny = Palomino Mix and Dexter = New Zealand Mix.

Thanks again!

Haha gold tipped steel does sound much cooler. There's a good way to tell if you blow into his fur if you see rings of color or circles of defining color then he's a chestnut. For a steel you should see tips or ticking of color not rings. And yea definitely on the small side so mixes would be accurate especially without knowing the history

Haha, Thanks NancyMcClelland!

I like 'em. :) I definitely think happy and healthy is what's most important. I've just always been curious and I don't really know breeds.

Back