What Breed or Mix Are These White and Grey Sibblings?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spices

Reaction score
Hello,

These two sibblings were born from a mother that was found abandonned pregnant. They are available for adoption and people ask us what breed or mix they are, but I have no idea. They are 4 months old, short-haired, medium-sized, their eyes are brown, their feet are grey (nearly white for the one with grey/pink ears), and their bellies are white.

Californian mix or Californian with an extreme lack of color. Were they the only two that were born or did the other ones die?

I thought Calis were bigger, though. Also, they have one sibbling that is nearly all white and one (the smaller and runt of the litter) that is mainly black with a lighter bellySIBLING.png .

Not cali mixes
The californian gene ALWAYS causes red eyes. Without that gene they are just black rabbits. This shading here, although it looks like californian markings minus the eyes is an entirely different set of color genes. (the one on the right also is agouti or tan pattern base instead of self, which is why it is lighter colored)
Look at siamese satin rabbits for something about that same pattern. I might believe siamese satin cross for those two, although they have the wrong fur type to be purebred, but after enough generations almost any number of breed crosses might end up with coloring like that.

Back