What breed of rabbit is this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimosa

Reaction score
Hi

I got a sweet little rabbit about a month or so ago. I had been researching rabbits for over a year and my mother saw some in a pet store and decided to get me on on a whim (she did well because I'm in love with this rabbit). They had very little information on her at the store. All I know is she's a girl, currently 3-4 months old, and weights 5 pounds ( she was only 3 when I first got her and apparently she was 2x the size of the other baby rabbits at the store). My mother was told she's likely a mix. She's definitely a lop. ;) Her eyes are pink, it's not the camera making them red.

CSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Any ideas?

I was hoping the new vet would know when I bring her to get spayed but stumbled upon this place and thought I might be able to get an answer sooner.

At 5 pounds she's either a light Mini Lop, or a slightly heavy Holland Lop. :) My Mini Lop looks exactly the same except totally albino; he weighed in at the vet a couple of weeks ago at 5.6lbs.

Your gal is lovely!

Thanks! I was thinking Holland or Mini Lop. I'm not sure if she's done growing so I guess once she stops I'll be able to tell better.

Welcome to RO!

Your Harriet is sweet. Does look like Sammy's Gubble. You will probably know how big she will be by the one year mark. But if she's 5 lbs already at 3-4 months, I say she's more Mini Lop than Holland.

But whatever she is, I know one thing, she's a sweetheart and thrilled that Mom picked the right one for you.

Enjoy your Harriet! Bunnies are just such awesome critters.

K:)

The color and eyes look Himi, with some lop in the mix, and not a small one. Our Lilli looks a lot like your bun. She's the longest rabbit we have, her ears stick strait out, and she's 11 pounds. Doesn't have the albino eyes though. She's the smartest rabbit we have, too.

Latest posts

Back