What breed of rabbit is this?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweedBunny

Reaction score
This was my first rabbit, PJ. I never knew whatkind of rabbit he was. I always thought he was a dutch but now I cansee that wasn't it. Thanks for any help!

35bxgz4.jpg

It helps if we can have the size of the rabbit -do you have a photo of him/her beside something that would give us asize comparison? Or can you give approximate height and weight?

Gosh, I have no idea when it comes to height or weight....

He was about 1 year old when he died - Im not sure if that means he wasfull grown or not. I have another pic of him on rainbow bridge. I'llpost it here - I think its a better size comparison picture.

Thanks.

This is how big PJ was compared to me. Actuallythis pic was taken when he was about 6-8 months old. By 1 year he was abit bigger.

2hmed14.jpg

dutch mini rex mix???

anyone else thinks his face looks like a mini rex?

I may be a breeder but I don't know thedifferent breeds of rabbits that well. I'm hoping Pam will see this andchime in - or other breeders who have worked with a larger variety ofbreeds or gone to more shows.

Peg

i am stil voting part mini rex. . .

look at the shape of the face. . . that is mini rex to me!

At least part dutch. Maybe a bit mini rex, likekatt said. He looks a little like a flemish giant, but he'd have to bemuch bigger to have a lot of it in him. I don't really know ... he'scute though :D

Rachel.

No, he's way too small to have flemish mixed inhim. He's definately part dutch, and I agree with Katt thathe may have some mini rex in him.

Mini Rex is a possiblilty, that Rex coat is recessive so the Dutch would cover it up, but definatly no Flemish there.

Back