What breed of bunny do I have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostbunny

Reaction score
Hi! I have been lurking for a few weeksnow. I really enjoy reading your posts and looking at thepictures of your buns.

We got our bunny about two and a half weeks ago from a petstore. They didn't know what kind it was (bigsurprise). I was wondering if y'all could help meout. Thanks!

pict0126.jpg

bunnywunny3.jpg

pict0128.jpg

Welcome,

Lop or Mini Lop--I don't think Holland Lops come in that color. It'sreally really young--wow! But what a sweetie--the little boy too!!!

Rose

Awwwwwwwwwww! Too cute! Itlooks like a chestnut agouti mini lop. Hollands do come inthat color, but it's not as common. Lops do have big feet,don't they? LOL

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Awwwwwwwwwww! Too cute! It looks like achestnut agouti mini lop. Hollands do come in that color, butit's not as common. Lops do have big feet, don't they? LOL

Pam

Oh, do they? I love the color.

Rose

Thanks guys! We couldn't have asked fora better bunny. He is very affectionate and will lick you ifyou tell him to "give me kisses". He comes most of the timewhen he is called and uses his litter box the majority of thetime. He loves my son. He will let you hold himforever. We usually know when it is time to put him down whenwe've held him for 30-45 min. and he leaves a little "bunny surprise"in your lap letting you know he needs to use the bathroom.;)

I've noticed for about the past 3-4 days he has been scratching alot. I have not had a rabbit since I was little so I wasn'tsure if this was normal. I did some research and I think hemight have mites. The skin on his ears and neck and littlepatches here and there on his back are pink. He will scratchwith his feet and bite at his skin. My husband noticed littlewhite dandruff looking things on his back today. I feel sosorry for him. I hope that's all it is and nothing else iswrong. (If it is mites, would that make me itch like crazyafter I've held him for a while?) He has a vet appt. in the morning sowe will know for sure.

Couldn't resist another picture-:p (Chillin' on the top floor of his condo)

pict0138.jpg

You may want to try a little kitten fleapowder. If the vet does find mites, he may opt for aninjection of Ivomec. Keep in mind though, that skin scrapingsdon't always pick up mites, even though the rabbit may havethem. Youngsters aresusceptible to mites, and itdoes sound like what the little guy has.

Pam

Latest posts

Back