What breed might my new bunny be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a photo or 2

image_zps1d23c60c.jpg

image_zps1d23c60c.jpg

It looks like a broken black Polish; however, the ears are too long so either it's poorly bred or mixed with another breed.

My avatar is a broken black Polish and you can definitely see the resemblance, but in mine the ears are much shorter.

I can see polish but babies can look like a bunch of different breeds. If it was from a petshop it is probably a polish but you would have to wait until he/she gets older as babies can change alot as they get older

Is it me or do the ears look like they could lop? Just the shape of them, the look like a lops ears.

Whatever the breed, its a really cute bun!

Thanks everyone there were 3 rabbits they all looked the same with the same marks and colour, as for the ears one of them really lops down. But thank you for all of your help

I see alot of English spot in there. Maybe since the one's ears lops, it's a Holland lop Enlgish spot mix

Oh haha I can't even see the color I thought it was a blue. If its black otter than its definitely not a spot either. I'm not sure if English spots patterns are dominant or not so a mix might not be likely for that either. Honestly you might have to wait until the rabbit is older to tell and even that isn't a positive answer. Rabbits can have so much variation unless there is an specific identifier

I've done some googling/reading and found a breed called "Rhinelander" my bun looks a lot like them? Other than it doesn't have orange like some of the Rhinelander I seen, but that might just be a wild guess lol, and I don't know how common that breed is in Australia anyway.m

No, not a Rhinelander. They have tri coloring (although I'm not sure if "tri-color" is the official term in the breed standard), not black otter like your rabbit.

Lots of breeds come in a broken (spotted) pattern, so that isn't really an indicator of breed. I'm not sure which breeds are common in Australia, but he or she doesn't closely resemble any breeds recognized by the American Rabbit Breeders' Association. I would still lean toward some kind of mixed breed. :)

I'm not good with telling breeds, but what a gorgeous bun! I love the spots going down its back, what a cutie!

Latest posts

Back