What breed is this rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripleJ

Reaction score
he looks like a english but he doesnt have a black stripe or nose and his cheak spot is above his eye, but he does have the black markings around his eyes and spots.
13893_132055_260000001.jpg

I would say maybe a mini rex cross and his coloring is what we call a charlie broken, meaning he has alot of white and very few markings. could you maybe get a closer pic?

Crystal

"There is definitely some Hotot in the mix"

What makes you think that? Do you realize how rare a hotot is?

There are a LOT of breeds that can have that kind of coloring, not just english spots, rhinelanders, checkered giants, or hotots.

That would be considered a charlie. That would mean that it came from two broken colored parents, and that it has two broken genes, giving it a lighter color pattern.

It looks like a lop cross of some form. He has really wide lop type ears. He also has a very large, broad head.

I bet that he is some kind of dwarf/lop cross.... Lop crosses usually wont have lopped ears. Especially with such small ears. The crown that they have to make their ears lop is a band of caratlidge that makes their ears lop. When you cross them with an up earred rabbit, you loose that.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
The "eyes" have it!

Definatly...not a hotot. XD

and just because he has rings around his eyes doesn't mean anything excpet that he is a broken. Pretty sure all brokens have eye circles...and his circles look nothing like the eyeliner on hotots or dwarf hotots.

Anyway, I think maybe TCRabbitry has an idea there.

Back