what breed is this rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, it's a cute bunny...but I had to go on through the album and look at all the adorable Schnauzers, too!!!

Can I ask? Do the tails get docked as well as the ears get cropped or do they have short tails naturally? Do you breed them? I have never been a lover of the breed, but your dogs are GORGEOUS and might just change my mind! I love the coloration!

My parents breed schnauzers. I used their photobucket (forgot my password). They have been doing it for 20 years.

Yeah I figured she wasn't a nethie. Her shape is all wrong and she has an arch to her (I couldn't get a good picture of her sitting up). She's the rabbit we have at work right now and I just couldn't figure out what she was. She's really pretty though :)

I don't know your bunny's breed (though it's not a nethie) but your schnauzers are beautiful! I grew up with 4 (only 2 at a time) and they're great dogs. Our dogs' tails were docked, but we never had the ears done. We also didn't get them professionally clipped, so they looked kind of like scruffy Benji type dogs :)

It looks like a blue Silver Marten. It's probably not a Silver Fox. Silver Fox have silver ticking all over their body, not just on their sides. They also have standing fur.

Emily

everyone beat me XD i was gunna say a silver fox mix.
cause of the silver ticking XD
but i'm definitely far from on expert XD

Thanks! How big do silver martens get? I always thought they we're a medium sized rabbit but she is only around 2 pounds. But she fits the breed standard like perfectly for a marten (other than size)

Most likely a mix. Color appears to be blue silver marten in the photo (a number of breeds have this coloration). If that's fawn that I see behind the ears, the color would be blue otter.

No resemblance to the US Silver Fox in color or size.

Back