What breed is my Ruby?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what ever she is, I'm proud to call her mine!
Thank you everyone for you input!
It's kind of exciting to think of all the different breeds that could be in her.

Desi, just wondering what the difference is between a regular harlequin and a japanese one?

Tina :bunnybutt:

Basil24 wrote:
Well what ever she is, I'm proud to call her mine!
Thank you everyone for you input!
It's kind of exciting to think of all the different breeds that could be in her.

Desi, just wondering what the difference is between a regular harlequin and a japanese one?

Tina,

The two types:

Japanese Harlequins have a base color of Orange with Black, Chocolate, Lilac,or Blue markings.

Magpie Harlequins have a base color of White with Black, Chocolate, Lilac,or Blue markings.

The only thing different about them are the colors, body type and the way they are judged are exactly the same. There are also different types of markings, Bars or Bands which can appear in either type.

When buying a Harlequin Breedyou either end up with a Magpie Harlequin or a Japanese Harlequin. You will never get just a Harlequin in the Harlequin breed. If that makes sense. :?

However, In Dutch, Lops, ect. They can come in a harlequin color. They however, dont refer to them as magpies or japanese.

Shouldnt as me these types of questions.. I get carried away! LoL

Yep. Probably in the mix. However if you do bad breeding you'll get a Japanese/Magpie mix. Mainly they'll just have two base colors instead of one. Which isn't showable.

Desi

Yikes. I shouldn't say bad breeding. What I ment to say was when you cross a Japanese and a Magpie sometimes you get Japanese Harlequins with white and black markings.

Man. I talk to much. lol
I'm sure my Buns would second that. =]

Okay so I have looked up a few things, and I think it's safe to say that she's a blue japanese harlequin likely crossed with a dutch.
If she is a pure bred her ears are not up to standard for showing (not long enough).
Which could explain why she was in a rescue for adoption.

My guess would be some type of Min Rex cross, to be honest. She dosn't look to have the fur but her size and build look like MR type. This is just a guess though. Very gorgous rabbit!

Latest posts

Back