What breed is my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danna

Reaction score
Hey guys, do you guys know what breed my rabbit is?IMG_1859.PNGIMG_1860.PNG

Netherland Dwarfs are really small rabbits but is yours 8 weeks of age yet? He looks too small to me. Here's a video of some Netherland Dwarfs at 7 1/2 weeks and they seem larger.

No, someone gave it to me since they didn't want to keep him anymore.

How did someone end up with a 2 week old rabbit? Many states don't allow them to be sold until 8 weeks of age.
Do they have the momma rabbit and it was a baby from that? If so, it should go back with momma for nursing. It's too young to be weaned. Sorry. This is rather confusing to me. If they don't have the momma, then where did they get it? they couldn't have had it for more than a day or two. What is it eating? Baby rabbits may just begin to nibble a little on pellets or hay at 3 weeks of age. Before that, it's momma's milk.

Looks older than 2 weeks--info from 3rd parties is at best suspect, so don't fly off on a tangent. Remember the original question was about breed, not about a bunny wasting away! Very cute and love the color. We rescued an older Nethie and at his heaviest he was only 1lb 8oz We rescues an English Spot that we were told was over a year and was a very skinny 6 pounds. Turned out she was a 4 month old Checkered Giant and filled out with growth all done over seven months to 20 pounds. My ears catch a lot of nonsense but my eyes never lie to me.

It may be over 2 weeks old, but I can only go based on the information given by the Asker. The info given is that it is 2 weeks old. If true, then breed is irrelevant because it's survival would be at stake. Though I did attach a video showing other Nethies (the breed suggested). Was simply trying to help based on info provided. (eg. if momma rabbit is available and baby is two weeks, it should go back with momma)

ears are too big to be netherland dwarf. Looks about five maybe six weeks old in the picture. the colour is black Japanese (not a netherland dwarf colour). most likely is just a generic mixed bunny, may or may not have dwarf in him. all you can do at this point is support the baby and see what he is like as it matures. It is easier to guess with adult rabbits as to what might be in their background.

Back