What breed is my friendly rescue bun, Apple Jack?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontheridge

Reaction score
I adopted my first rabbits from the Humane Society; a beautiful female lop (Cocoa Puff) and a kooky tannish male (Apple Jack). She is reportedly 4-5 months old, and he is supposed to be 9 months old. I am keeping them in side by side cages and plan to introduce them gradually and "suggest" :Dthey become bondmates.

I am curious about what breed or perhaps breed mix Apple Jack might be. He is very long and thin, has very short hair, a smallish head, and sits up a lot, umlike the lop who always lays down. It doesn't really matter I guess since he will not be bred, but I like o research breed characteristics for all my critters and would love to "look him up". I'll post a picture or two-- thanks in advance for you time and expertise!

*His eyes are not actually red-- its just camera red eye.

20090422041.jpg

20090422045.jpg

20090422055.jpg

Wow, he's a cutie. I would say he looks like a Flemish Giant if it weren't for the fact he only weighs 2-3 pounds! Lol.

Not really sure what breed he is though. He almost looks like a wild rabbit...
But let's see what others have to say.

Emily

i've seen a guy neraby me that breeds mutt litters for meat and beagle training and he calls them Coonies. they look like wild rabbits (His because they are mixed with wild bun buns) but his i know are mini rex, satin and new zeland mixes- heck of a cross. She looks like a holland :)

I agree that it looks like what is often called a "San Juan", bred for training beagles. Some are bred from feral domestic rabbits that have populated some areas of the US.

Pam

Hmm, interesting. We picked him because of the 8 the shelter had the week after Easter,he wasby far the frienmdliest andhas a veryperky personality. Since Cocoa the lop is so shy and retiring (she was seized due to neglect) we thought we needed to balance her out with an energetic friend. She is beautiful; I had to apologize to her for getting her a boyfrienmd who is not quite in her league! :rollseyes

Latest posts

Back