What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cute!

you are in for a treat, I have found satins to be a very smart breed of rabbit. and they are so adorable!

here is my 6 month old boy, Chaucer

2_29_08485.jpg

he does look young, but with a good indoor home he should do fine!

welcome to the world of bunnies!

bearbop wrote:
the rabbit looks like a satin. very cute, isnt it too young to be away from parents

If it's a Satin, then it's extremely young . . .

Here's a photo of a 2 week old Satin Angora bunny . . .

I'm not sure why but I stopped getting notices for replies to this thread for some reason...

Anyways, I just wanted to add more pictures of Bunny(now named Ruvy- like Ruby, but with a "v"- Remember my daughter is two and its her bunny. HAHA)

Ruvy is thriving. It's been almost 3 weeks since getting her and she has doubled in size already! She has officially been eating pellets for a week now, I was right when I suspected she wasn't eating the pellets at first so I started giving her carrots, celery, orange and apple pieces regularly until she finally started eating the pellets and then I cut out the veggies as it did start giving her mushy poops with the pellets and the veggiesboth in her diet right now.

She's also A LOT more active then she was before, but still sweet and calm as canbe. Ruvy has learned that if she doesn't want to be picked up or snuggle to hop away to where my daughter can't pick her up- which is great. But with that said,she still enjoys being snuggled and hugged on a daily basis.

Thanks for the pics Pam on the twodifferent baby rabbit breeds. Istill don't know what she is- except red. LOL The angora one seems to fit her better fromher earlier pictures becauseher fur is still thick- itlays down more now, but it's thick for sure. Her fur is still soft as can be though. Then on the other hand, themini satinpicture kinda fits her now except she's more fluffy, in my opinion, then what the mini stain looks like... maybe, butI guess I will allow you guys to be the judge on that as I have new pictures of her from today so maybe it will help in the decision process.

Notice in this picture she is almost the size of my female guinea pig now:

100_9394.jpg
"

100_9391.jpg
"

100_9390.jpg

Aw, she is adorable... I do agree that she does look like she might be a satin or mini satin. So we will just have to wait and see what she looks like when she is a bit older. :)

She's so tiny that I'm still thinking Mini Satin. Ohio is a "hot bed" for the Mini Satins, as it's the state where they originated.

Keep us updated! She seems to be doing very well.

I know it has been awhile, but I figured I would update the pictures of Ruvy for anyone that's curious to see how she's grown. :D

This picture is off Ruvy from about a month and a half ago, maybe two months... For some reason she prefers her pellets split, not bowled LOL.

100_9403.jpg

This one is from a few weeks ago. She's decided that our apartment balcony is her new "tanning" spot when the sun is out.

100_9543.jpg

These next 3 are from today. Her coat has started to change into the darker red color that's on her, but I still see a few small areas where it's still darkening down.

100_9567.jpg

I've also noticed that she tends to "droop" her ears when she wants too. Is that common in non-lop rabbits? This picture isn't the best to show it, but they are somewhat down here. She usually has them hanging somewhere down around her eye level at times. I find it very cute and amusing. :p

100_9575.jpg

and here is another of her head-on.

100_9573.jpg
H

Her fur has changed in texture somewhat. It's still VERY soft and silky just not quite the same as when she was smaller especially since the new color in her fur has come through during the past couple of weeks.

Assuming the 3-4 weeks old when we got her idea she would now be somewhere around the 4 to 4 1/2 months oldmark(?) and she weighs 2lbs 10 oz. I'm not sure if that makes her more on the mini side or normal side?

Hope you enjoy the updated pics :)

She's beautiful!

I hope you don't mind a little advice, but I would take that collar off of her. Collars on bunnies are very dangerous as they can easily get caught on something (especially since bunnies like to squeeze through small spaces) and they can choke themselves.

elrohwen wrote:
She's beautiful!

I hope you don't mind a little advice, but I would take that collar off of her. Collars on bunnies are very dangerous as they can easily get caught on something (especially since bunnies like to squeeze through small spaces) and they can choke themselves.

Thank you. I think she's a beauty too. :)

And no I don't mind advice, and I was worried about the collar getting caught on things too...Her's is a "breakaway" cat collar though. If she was to get stuck it will/would break off. I have it on her so that she canhave some form of I.D. incase she ever got out of our apartment, or loose during one of our many trips with her. Granted if it was to break off it wouldn't matter but, I'd like to increase the chance of her being returned to usjust incase. She's our little fur-baby. So far she hasn't got herself into any situation around the house where she needed it to break off. XD

I've also never seen a fully uppy eared bunny with droopy ears like that, so I would guess she has some lop in her background.

The funny part is she droops them like that and then the next minute she pulls them all the way up like they were when she was a baby. You can actually see in the pic with her by her bowl chil-laxing that one of her ears was starting to "droop" then. For some reason that one ear seems to be down alot more then up. LOL

I'd say she has some mix breeds in her past but she looks a lot like a satin. :) I love her color btw.

The weight at this age leans towards Mini Satin - but boy are those ears HUGE! Below is a photo of one of our Mini Satins of about the same age and weight . . .

minisatin.jpg

Hehe she looks like a TOTALLY different bunny now!!! Still utterly stunning though.

Jen

Pam- Your lil black mini satin is adorable. I can kinda see some resemblance in Ruvy in comparison to it though- just defiantely NOT the ears. haha. Your black lil bun's ears are a lot smaller in comparison to hers. Does that mean she COULD grow into them but is just on the smaller size for an average Satin rabbit?

Erin- Love the picture of your Bun's ears. They look fairly large as well. :p I really don't mind the lare ears my ideal rabbit for myself would have been a lop. Hahaa

With that said, Jen, I LOVE your bunnies!

Latest posts

Back