What breed is my bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allenstacy74

Reaction score
Hi! I have 2 bunnies one being a albino mini lop.. and another which I don’t know..? When I brought him I asked for his breed as it wasn’t specified and I assumed they would know as THEY are the breeders.. but they just said “mini lop cross breed” but by the looks of it he seems to have much larger ears than other minis (comparing to others I’ve seen and my albino) and he has a different face and body shape, he is a big rabbit.. he is almost the size of my dog ( a Chihuahua jack Russell) 😂well I couldn’t even take a guess haha, let me know what you think!! (His name is Eugene hehe)

Attachments

• 3DD7FB3A-4DEB-4F83-8BFE-A7009E77A805.jpeg
    3DD7FB3A-4DEB-4F83-8BFE-A7009E77A805.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 9
  • BA1149FD-99D7-4E08-ABFF-5EA4FF3E43BE.jpeg
    BA1149FD-99D7-4E08-ABFF-5EA4FF3E43BE.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 9
Most likely a Mini Lop, could be mixed. His coloring is called Black Magpie!
Ahh thank you :) he definitely has mini pop, they said he was mixed with another breed and that’s what I am trying to figure out I looked up the magpie colouring, and it seems to be most common in Harlequin rabbits.. maybe he is mixed with that and has the lopped ears from being mixed mini lop? Thoughts?

Not mixed with harlequin. Harlequin is a rare breed, and that gene for that color is very common among pet rabbits. He's a mixed breed. You can't know beyond that what he's mixed with.

Not mixed with harlequin. Harlequin is a rare breed, and that gene for that color is very common among pet rabbits. He's a mixed breed. You can't know beyond that what he's mixed with.
Ahh I see, I’ve had him for over a year and since I got him it’s always played on my mind on what breed he is mixed with, thought I’d let others have a go and see what everyone thinks haha :)

Back