What Breed do you think my Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello my name is Chelsea I have a Rabbit Roxy (male) he is 7 years old but we never knew for sure what breed he was like I was told by the pet shop owner that he was a cross breed between hare and Lion haired rabbit but I honestly don't think he is big enough to be a hare cross breed? Do you not agree?
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380630926.620290.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380630943.501063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
He is definitely a cutie! He could be a single maned Lionhead or English Angora cross. I'm not an expert in rabbit breeds either but that is just what I personally thought when I first saw him.

Hello my name is Chelsea I have a Rabbit Roxy (male) he is 7 years old but we never knew for sure what breed he was like I was told by the pet shop owner that he was a cross breed between hare and Lion haired rabbit but I honestly don't think he is big enough to be a hare cross breed? Do you not agree? View attachment 5177View attachment 5178

-I believe he favors lionhead,-here is a link that may help http://en.wikivet.net/lagamorph_breeds_-_wikinormals --I have 1 rex from a havanna mother/father with 3 other havanna siblings--yes,i am sorry these are my kids-so I don,t use rabbit terms--sincerely james waller :humour::kiss1::happyrabbit::heartbeat::bunny18

Resembles a lion head. That is the cutest rabbit ever though! Almost looks like a stuffed animal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Hares are a different species of animal than the domestic rabbit, it is impossible to crossbreed hares and rabbits. He might be a lionhead x jersey wooly, plush lop or angora.

There is a domesticated breed (at least in the U.S.) called the "Belgian Hare." More information here. However, it's an arched breed, and this little guy doesn't appear to have an arched body style.

I know he looks like a stuffed animal he is adorable haha and I think he could be a lion haired pure breed but I'll have a look at the Jersey one haha :)

He looks similar to my half lionhead as to where his long fluff is, his short fluff is a lot fuzzier though, which does give the impression that he's a wooly or angora cross. My buns parents were a lionhead and a netherland.

I am guessing a mini lop crossed between a loin head too xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

I would say lionhead mix. I do see a possible Netherland dwarf because of the small size. But I do not see any lop breed in this rabbit.

Lion head

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

Aww! So cute I would say mixed between a lion-head and something else with long fur... Sorry not good with bunny breeds.

What a cutie! Lionhead maybe mixed with netherland? But who cares! That bun looks like a heartbreaker!!!

Give that bun some nose rubs from me!

Vanessa

Back