What breed are Dottie and Blossom?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone_family3

Reaction score
8 1/2 weeks old. Mother was a Lop and father is unknown. Just wondering if they are mixed breed or if they could possibly be pure bred Lops. Sorry they're not the best pics, but they were hoppy little buggers.

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

If they were pure bred lops, their ears would definitely be floppy. The pictures aren't that clear though and i'm not the greatest at guessing so I'm not sure what they're mixed with.

Bunnylova4eva wrote:
If they were pure bred lops, their ears would definitely be floppy.

Not necessarily...ear carriage is determined by the crown (cartilage between the ears). A wide crown causes the ears to fall on the side of the head, but a narrower crown can cause ear control or even nearly vertical ears. Even in purebred lop breeds. :)

With that being said though, I think these rabbits in particular are mixed with a vertical-eared breed. Mainly because of their narrower, longer faces and bodies. Most lop breeds are short, wide and compact.

Thank you Oakridgerabbits, I've had baby mixed lops and they were wide and kinda flat faced. These ones aren't which is why I wondered what they could be.

What sweet bunnies! :) It's difficult to say what else might be in the mix. They don't have any particularly telling characteristics, but sure are cute!

Latest posts

Back