What brand of feed do you use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see what other breeders, and rabbits owners feed their bunnies.

I'm just curious, really. All the different brands and people ideas is just weird.

I feed Nutrena Naturewise 16% pellets, besides my alfalfa cubes and hay(hehehe, i also have horses so hay is always around). I was told Nutrena was one of the best to feed. What have others been told?

I just use pellets from Petsmart called Nutriphase. That's what the rabbit shelter told me to buy. I alsobuy Oxbow Hay and Orchard Grass.

I use Oxbow BB/T also. I've used it since Bo was a baby. I've thought of using Nutrena because I get Nutrena for my horses..... but I like Oxbow so well that I am sticking with it. I did buy a large bag and split it into several ziplocks recently - not sure I like the big giant bulk bag - my bunnies seem to have more dust left in their dishes.

mine eat Science Selective pellets, Excel Herbage Timothy Hay and meadow hay. they also have their own patch of grass in the garden - pesticide and dog free from the start. they have a carrot as an occasional treat as well as leafy greens - carrot tops are a particular favourite.repeated attempts with craisins have failed dismally...

I buy Manna Pro in the 50# bags. Considering mine are almost exclusive hay/veggie/greens eaters, pellets last a long time here

I use Oxbow timothy pellets, and local farm hay. For my newest addition , he will get Oxbow alfalfa pellets, and alfalfa hay from oxbow, then local hay.

I just bought Belle some Oxbow hay because the hay we have i think is horribly dusty and i dont think she was eating as much so i got some timothy hay for her

the Oxbow seems to be very popular. I don't recall ever seeing it up here. Poulin, Big Red, Purina Mills and NatureWise are all I can find up here, besides whatever Walmart has. I'll have to look and compare nurition information. Give me something useful to think about while I'm at work

my bunnies can't take the barn hay cause of the dust.. and my family either! We're all allergic to hay/grass......... so I have to buy Oxbow hay. It's kinda sad since I can get all the hay I want for free LOL!

I feed zupreem timothy based pellets.

All different types of ox bow hay also.

http://oxbowanimalhealth.com/contact/find_products/store_locator

here is Oxbow's link to where you can put in your zip code to find a store near you. Around here it is in the Pets plus store, petsmart just started carrying it but it is ooober expensive, and then there are some mom and pop shops that carry it, which is where i get mine at.

Dumore show rabbit and alfalfa cubes she's picky about her hay so we haven't found anything she likes enough yet.

I had this typed up lastnight but the page changed.

I feed Manna Pro SHO. It has done wonders for my rabbits since I started in in Feburaury. Before Tractor Supply moved in all I could get was yucky Purina that did nothing for my rabbits' health. I have heard many *horror* stories about it and I had been wanting to change for a year. $18 for a 50lb bag that with a 6 rabbit home would last a long time... if the horses had not ate 30lbs of it *gripe*

Purina = improper coat, blowing coat, frequent illness, frequent misscarrages, etc.

When I first adopted Nick and Amelia, I was told that Kaytee Timothy Complete would be fine for them. I could only feed a tiny amount, once a week. Any more than that, and my pen was covered in dropped cecals. *yuck*

I then switched to Oxbow BB/T, and they're doing very well. They are able to enjoy pellets daily, without problems. I believe they did slim down a bit, and their coats are much nicer since the switch.
I have been considering ordering American Pet Diner pellets, but it's just so convenient to be able to pick pellets up at the store.

I do feed American Pet Diner hay. My rescue orders that by the truckload, and sells it at the monthly meetings. I can buy it from them for less than ordering it myself, plus the rescue makes a small profit. The bunnies love it, too. Win win win.
(My bunnies won't eat the Oxbow hay, the few times I have tried to give it to them.)

I use pellets from sweet meadow. I order them online from their website in 50lb bags.

I feed Sunaturals to my rabbits. They love it. It has all the nutrients that they need in it. Sweetie eats a lot of it, she eats the good stuff first then the pellets. So does Prince! I also give them Timothy hay, Sweetie just loves it, she dives right in and plays in it as well!

I als use Oxbow bunny basics/t. Its expensive, but the only pellet i've found local, and good for her. She also eats local hay and oxbows hay ocasionally.

Latest posts

Back