What are some of your favorite moments...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
This may sound crazy - but I hope not. Lastnight after I got done feeding - I just stood there watching therabbits eat and listening to them as they crunched on their pellets.

Some of my rabbits are noisy eaters - others are quiet. Some dig attheir pellets - hopefully most don't. Some of my rabbits seem tochatter while they eat - Puck always loves to comment on his food.

Anyway, watching them eat and knowing that they were all happy and thatthe friendly ones were given a pet really made mefeel....good....content. It sort of made me appreciate my rabbits for abit.

You know - sometimes you can get so busy that you go in there and meettheir physical needs like feeding and watering them...but maybe youdon't enjoy it as much?

What are some of the times when you find yourselves enoying yourrabbits the most? Is it when they play with paper? when you feed them?Are there certain rabbits you enjoy more than others?

Just some thoughts and questions. Somedays I get so discouraged as abreeder and it seems like all I do is feed, water and clean up poop.Then there are moments like yesterday - when I watch them and I playwith them a bit or whatever...and I realize that I'd miss it if I gavethem up.

Peg

I love the happy bunny flop- that abandoned flinging of the body with an audible plop.

I love the mischievous look over the shoulder before attacking the card board baby bumper.

I love the adjustments to a freshly changed litterbox, the trimming and rearranging of seemingly random pieces of hay.

I love the tooth purrs as you rub along the ears in exactly the right spot.

I love the exploration of new toys or objects in the cage.

I love when the new toy wasn't even intended as a toy.

I love the binkies- the half binkies, the whole body binkies, the OMG-was-that-a- convulsion-or-a-binky binkies.

I love the tired bunny pile-ups.

I love the times when they hop into your lap and stand up to sniff your face.

I love the bunnies!

I love all the things you mentioned. I'm aboutto take some fruit loops and other cereal mixture and go out in therabbitry and feed them some treats. I have some does that will come upto me while I sit on the ground (they have exercise time) and some willjump in my lap while others will just take food from my hand and thendart away.

But I love it when they come up, climb in the bowl and start pickingout the cereal that they like best. (Hint: It isn't fruitloops....it's actually - BRAN FLAKES!)

Peg

My favorite time is when you have a litter of two week old babies

all lined up peaking over the edge of the nestbox debating whether

they want to jump out into the world.

Roger L

I love it when Sunshine stands up, and bops her head against my chin.

I also love it when she does bunny flops.

When you have a litter of around three weeks andwhen you reach into the nest box to grab one and one or two LEAP out ofthe box going 0-60 and do a quick lap around the cage before zoomingback into the nest box.

Just cuddling w/ the babies from about three weeks to three months...they're so cute!

Watching the buns nibble on their hay like it's the most important time of day.

The way one of my bucks ((Spots)) pokes his head completely out of hiscage and stretches his neck WAAAAYYYY out of his cage forattention/food.

The curious look they give you right before feeding time when they see you walk towards the feed room.

They excited look they give you when you return from the feed room w/ a bucket in your hand.

And just like Peg there are my days or weeks when i feel like it's justa chore that needs to be done quickly because i have other things todo. But mostly i adore my time in the barn :).

-Ellie

Here's Spots...

SpotsHead.jpg

-Ellie :D

I love it when Herbie has his paws against hiscage in the morning begging to come out and thumps his feed demandingsome attention.

I love the way he grooms my hair obsessively for hours with his paws

Also how he makes this peculiar content noise which is difficult todescribe, it is not purring but sort of thru his nose and throat (?)and sounds like a mosquito or bee buzzing in my ear. Very odd but cute

I love his silly moods, and the chop and change in moods too fromserious to silly, sleepy to zooming round crazy and independant toattention seeking all in seconds.

I love the way sometimes it takes him 2 attempt to jump onto the sofaand feels a little embarressed with himself if he doesnt manage it thefirst time.

Lastly the way he has just layed down between the tiny gap between my feet on the floor...

I love my new bunny Nala (only got her 2 days ago so dont know herpersonality that well yet) - i love the way she is a bit posh and morerefined than crazy Herbie - she is definately more sensible and whenthey meet will probably say to him (in rabbit talk) "Urgh... you arejust sooo immature, I am a lady..."

I haven't done a count recently - but as a breeder - I'm sure I have more than most folks on the board.

Today I was watching Pow Wow's litter come out of the nestbox andexplore while their mama was having a playtime of her own (withoutthem). Oh...they're so cute! Another one of my many favorite things!

Peg

RABBIT#1 wrote:
Tinysmom,How many rabbits do you have?

I love going out late at night, just after duskand listen to the bunnies talk to eachother. If I stand in the garagewith the lights off I can hear the grunts of does in heat, the thumpsof bucks telling the next buck whose in charge, but my favorite noiseis when there is a litter in the barn, and you can hear them nursingfrom mom and squeaking. Listening to your rabbits after dusk can reallytell you what is going on.

Latest posts

Back