What age to downsize cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really something you'll have to judge based on her behaviour as it's very much down to the bunny, some stay incredibly fit right into old age.

I would judge it by the rabbit. If you notice that he is having a hard time getting to the upper levels or stops going up there, that is when I would consider changing it. Also 6 is not that old for a rabbit.

Thanks! I know 6 is not old for a rabbit, she is mid-age if I assume she lives to be 12. But it's always something to be proactive about, rather than reactive. I plan on getting some glucosamine supplements in the new year (any suggestions?)
Heh, Acacia is far from tense about jumping in her pen. No trouble with the litter box. It's only I was wondering. I guess I kind of knew it depended on individual rabbits but I thought I would check. Thanks again :)

This is her condo. She has plenty of room. she doesn't run around and zoom about like she used to.

*eta* lol this looked neat in the tiny thumbnail that I chose. I'm after changing it a bit and the mats are pulled up. So this pic is merely for size :)

bunnyreno 001.jpg

Korr is 7 and doesn't have a problem with the levels in his cage. Most of the steps are about 1/2 a grid high, so that probably helps too. He does do agility, so the excercise from that also helps keep him fit.

If she can still get up and down without problems, then she should be fine. Ramps might be useful as well. You might consider joint supplements to help keep her in good condition.

Latest posts

Back