What age do you recommend neutering?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny Mum

Reaction score
Have 3 boy buns that need doing. They were 16 weeks old yesterday terrible sprayers cant wait to have them neutered but not sure of the age.

once their testicles have developed and, er, dropped, so to speak. usually around 5 months of age. i waited until my bun was approximately 6 months because i wasn't sure of his exact birth date.

As soon as the testicles descend you can neuter them. Sometimes as early as 3 months, and sometimes as late as 6-8 months.

I've had fosters done at young ages, around 3 months and they did wonderfully. Didn't even act like anything happened.

--Dawn

Yep, as everyone said, you can get them done as soon as their testicles drop. I had Starsky done at around 12 weeks old. In general younger rabbits cope and recover better with the op and with anaesthetic than old rabbits do.

I had two Flemish boys done at four and half months, they did great.

The 3 boys are dwarflops and we had a good look at them over weekend and it doesnt look like their testes have dropped yet but as soon as they do it will be OFF with them!!!

Thanks for everyones advice:jumpforjoy:

Latest posts

Back