Wet eye??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
Hi! My rabbit Arlo is 1 year old. Last night when I fed Arlo he was perfectly fine. Unfortunately for me I was busy all day (but I did make sure he had plenty of hay and water before I left, but I was running late so I said goodbye to him very quickly, and although I didn’t really get a good look at him, I didn’t notice anything wrong. I finally got home and went to let him out his playpen for free roaming and I noticed his left eye looks very very wet. Our vet is currently closed and I will call in the morning, but I’m wondering what is wrong and should I be very concerned??

Attachments

• 707408FA-C180-49AD-8F81-8632AC841AFB.jpeg
    707408FA-C180-49AD-8F81-8632AC841AFB.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 8B3F24AE-23C5-4A29-B98A-01A6CB44699C.jpeg
    8B3F24AE-23C5-4A29-B98A-01A6CB44699C.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi! My rabbit Arlo is 1 year old. Last night when I fed Arlo he was perfectly fine. Unfortunately for me I was busy all day (but I did make sure he had plenty of hay and water before I left, but I was running late so I said goodbye to him very quickly, and although I didn’t really get a good look at him, I didn’t notice anything wrong. I finally got home and went to let him out his playpen for free roaming and I noticed his left eye looks very very wet. Our vet is currently closed and I will call in the morning, but I’m wondering what is wrong and should I be very concerned??
I forgot to mention that he is eating!!

He could have a bit of debris stuck in there. You can try flushing the eye out with plain sterile saline ophthalmic drops(eg. natural tears). If that doesn't resolve the problem, your rabbit may have scratched his eye on a piece of hay. In which case you'll need to get him to the vet if the saline doesn't fix the runny eye. He'll need to be put on eye drops, usually an antibiotic eye drop or ointment, and possibly a lubricating eye drop.

Medirabbit: corneal abrasion and ulcer

Hi, my bunny used to have this. We took her to the vets and it turned out that she had blocked tear ducts. They offered a mini procedure where they can flush them out, we turned it down because of risks. Instead they gave us some eye drops and they seemed to of worked pretty well.
These are what they have prescribed: isathal. Nothing to worry out and no urgency x

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&...-6eX-vb4AhWJhFwKHa4iBAUQwg8oAHoECAEQEw&adurl=

Back