Went out for s'mores, came home with a bunny-RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swingtown

Reaction score
Last night my boyfriend and I walked to the gas station to pick up supplies for s'mores. Half way there, he spotted a little Dutch bunny in the neighbor's yard. We could tell something was up because she was really dirty. He knocked on the neighbor's door to ask if it was his and he said no, but he thought it belonged to the people next door. He then gave us permission to be in his yard to try to catch the bunny.

After about 10 minutes of trying to catch her, the bunny owners arrived home. It was really hard to converse with them because of their limited English, but the mom kept saying, "Give the bunny to the woman." At this point we now have six people trying to catch the bun (who kept hiding behind bushes). We finally catch her 30 minutes later and learn that the little girl calls her Nibbles.

We ask the girl if she wants us to put her bunny back in their cage and she says no, that it is in the backyard and dirty. She also keeps saying that she wants a dog. I become a little concerned at this point because there was no cage in the backyard. I finally ask the mom if they even want the bunny and she says no, please take it with you.

We are pretty sure this is a case of little girl gets a bunny, little girl gets bored with bunny, and then they set it loose hoping it will run away. So we get Nibbles home to take a look at her. She was extremely dirty, underweight, and had a cut on her lip. We cleaned her up and fed her. Our other bunnies seem to not mind her (she is just a baby bunny yet).

In light of the events last night, we decided a better name for her would be S'more. We aren't sure if we are keeping her yet, but for now we are loving her and getting her healthy.

The pictures are from pre-bath and her first bath time. :)

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

OH My she's so pretty and lucky you found her :) I love the new name.

I've never seen random bunnies running around so i hope that means the people in the area that have them are taking good care of them!

What a wonderful thing you did. Poor bunny. I don't understand how people think their pet rabbit is going to survive by its self when they set them free.

I agree s'more is a great name for the poor little girl.

Awww, she's adorable!

I'm glad you were able to help her, she's clearly in good hands now :)

Makes me think of my Sabriel (seeing as he is a dutch as well)

I could never imagine getting bored of him, OR Solara. They're my babies.

OMG Jen, she's Beautiful:inlove:. She is one lucky little Bunny.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of her.

Susan:)

Okay, so here are some more pictures of her. S'more's white fur is still a little bit dirty, as are her paws, but we are working on that.

S'more & Oreo

smore013.jpg

S'more sleeping

smore017.jpg

S'more close up

smore019.jpg

and flopped...

smore018.jpg

Awww! She looks so comfortable already! :) What a cutie!

Oh my goodness, what an adorable bunny. She looks like she could not be happier. Hope she gets along with Oreo. Between their looks and their names, it's like they're made for one another.

Okay, so we are officially keeping her. :)

We had to talk it over for a few days since we already have two bunnies and a cat, but decided what's one more bunny?

She has adapted really well and seems to fit right in. :dutch

Latest posts

Back