Went from 4 to 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gone2soon

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Lindsay and I'm writing with a need for assistance. For the past 2 to almost 6 years I have been blessed with the most magnificent bunny Family. I successfully bonded my first baby boy Buddy to his mate Dexter, when we found a 3rd baby boy Oz I wasn't so lucky with making a throuple so we brought home Ruby and bonded her with sweet sweet Oz. Sadly on December 11th my Buddy lost his battle with ear infections and passed during anesthesia while having a deep ear clean and medication procedure. Dexter has been doing great acting a little glum but ok he's definitely been handling things better than my boyfriend and I. Our sadness only grew on December 26th when our sweet sweet Oz passed away after growing spindle cells that ultimately invaded his brain, leaving behind young Ruby (only 2 years old). Ruby has always been incredibly shy and really only ever took to Oz, she is not a huge fan of humans like Buddy and Oz were. My boyfriend and I area now struggling to bond Ruby and Dexter. Both were the submissive in their past bond. Dexter seems eager to meet and hang out with Ruby but Ruby seems to be on edge and when we try to bond she snaps at Dexter the minute he moves so then we separate them. I was writing with the hope that you would have some insight on thought on how we navigate these waters. Chad, my boyfriend, and I are completely heart broken and working to make our household whole again. We just hate seeing these 2 alone when they could be together. Thank you for your time.

RU.jpg Ruby and Oz above, Buddy and Dexter below303.jpg

Latest posts

Back