Wendell the Wandering Wabbit's Travel Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wendell and Mike, thankyou so much for your wonderful blog writing! So pleased you're enjoying your new companions for this visit Wendell. Looking forward to your next installment!:D

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Wendell, does Mike have any awesome adventures planned for you? Please remember to behave yourself, whatever you do!
I will, don't worry. If the weather's OK, he has promised to take me up flying in his airplane over the weekend - I can't wait!

Today was sort of slow, since Mike was at work and Natasha and I napped most of the day. (Separately, I mean - Natasha is very much a lady!)

I know I haven't mentioned my political activities before - but even rabbits can get caught up in election fever. Yes, I admit it - I am a card-carrying member of the Rebunlican Party!

Wendell_1334.jpg

Today, Election Day, I met with the other bunnies in the Warren and we discussed the party platform.

Natasha-Wendell-Butter_1341.jpg

Natasha seemed particularly interested in the plank about adopting the Craisin Standard and single-mower Hay Care.

Wendell-Natasha_1348.jpg

When Mike came home from work, he took me down to the Harford Town Hall, where he was going to vote. I brought my sign along.

Wendell_1336.jpg

The nice lady at the polling place said it was illegal to electioneer inside, but it was OK if I sat on the railing and spoke to any rabbits who hopped in to vote.

Wendell_1338.jpg

There weren't any, but I felt I had done my civic duty.

Mike says we're supposed to have snow tomorrow - I don't know what that is, but it sounds interesting.

daisyandoliver wrote:
Ithaca? I live about 30-40 minutes from there! :)
Small world. Actually, while I work in Ithaca, I live in Harford, which is about 18 miles southeast, in the southwest corner of Cortland County.

Wendell, I never knew you were into politics! I'm so glad there's a cause that you stand behind :D

Awesome pictures, Mike!

Hi folks! Not much to report today - I haven't done much wandering, as my host MikeScone's been very busy at work. I'm just hanging out back at the Warren, waiting for the weekend.

While I was hopping around I discovered another new friend. This warren is really international - this bunny is from the British Channel Islands, all the way over in Europe. His name is Guernsey, after the island where he was adopted from.

Wendell-Guernsey_1356.jpg

It turned out that Natasha hadn't even met Guernsey yet, even though he'd lived in the warren for a few years. I was happy to introduce them, and we all had a nice chat.

Natasha-Wendell-Guernsey_1352.jpg

Tomorrow's Friday, and Mike has promised to take me into work again - and then it will be the weekend! Type to you all later!

Wendell, you are a great little ambassador, aren't you? I hope you have a fun day at work tomorrow :)

Hello again! It's Wendell. I just got home from a day at work with my host MikeScone.

We started out bright and early, driving from the Warren to Ithaca. There were lots of fields and woods along the way where bunnies might play, but we had to get to work on time.

Wendell_1362.jpg

Before too long we had reached Ithaca and parked, and in a few minutes we were on an area between buildings, with trees and chairs and open buildings. Mike said it was called "the Commons".
Wendell_1375.jpg

Some of the statues were downright scary, at least if you're a little bunny like me.
Wendell_1372.jpg

We went a little way down the Commons, turned a corner and went into a building. Mike let me push the elevator button...
Wendell_1376.jpg

Just like magic, we were back in the office I'd arrived in on Monday. I said "hi" to all the bunnies...
Wendell_1380.jpg

... and Mike let me help do a patent search. I got a bit distracted, I must admit, when I found this patent on an arcade game where bunnies get to shoot guns and hunt people. I think that might be fun, don't you?
Wendell_1379.jpg

Finally, the day was over and we walked back onto the Commons. I asked Mike if we could do some window shopping, but he said he already had all the windows he needed. I did get to look at some interesting things as I hopped by, though.
Wendell_1382.jpg

While we waited to cross the road, I watched the traffic go by...
Wendell_1387.jpg

There was a lot of traffic, but I thought the lights were pretty...
Wendell_1393.jpg

We got to the parking garage, and Mike told me that as a treat we'd go all the way up to the top and look at Ithaca as the sun went down and the lights came on in all the buildings. We went up to the very top level, and the view was beautiful. I got Mike to take lots of pictures.
Wendell-CayugaSt_1415.jpg

What a fun evening we had!
Wendell_1410.jpg

Finally, it started getting cold, and it was time to drive home. It seemed like a completely different route at night than it had been going into work this morning.
Wendell-Slaterville-night_1419.jpg

That's all for now. The weekend's coming soon, and I'll get to fly! The sooner I get to bed, the sooner it will come! Good night, all...

Wendell, looks like you had one heck of a day! Can't wait to see what you get into this weekend :)

Gorgeous pics, wendell. It looks like your host mikescone works in a very nice building.
I loved the pics! Ithaca looks gorgeous. My favorite pic was the one from the top of the parking garage looking down on Ithaca as the sun went down. The streaking lights from the cars was pretty cool :)

Thanks for sharing your adventures!

Hi everyone at RO! It's Wendell Wabbit, and boy, have I had a busy weekend!

The weather was nice, so I was able to go flying, as MikeScone had promised. Here's our airplane after we pulled it out of the hangar (I'm sitting on the cowl, really):
Wendell-493_1426.jpg

Mike told me, "all passengers must be securely belted in for takeoff" - I couldn't quite work the buckles, so he had to help.
Wendell_1425.jpg

There was a lot of noise, and we were off! As soon it was OK, I hopped up on the dashboard so I could see better. We flew over lots of forests and farms, and some small towns - this is McLean village:
Wendell-window.jpg

We flew southeast for about ten minutes, and Mike pointed out of the left side of the windshield - that was the Warren down there! "Hi Natasha!"
Wendell_1441.jpg

Pretty soon, I had to be buckled into my seat again - we were stopping off for gas at Cortland Airport.
Wendell-Cortland_1566.jpg

Mike let me help with the fueling.
Wendell-fuel_1563.jpg

Let's see, we put almost 20 gallons in the right wing... Oh my gosh - $6.22 a gallon??
Wendell-pump_1567.jpg

We were soon back in the air, heading north toward the Finger Lakes.
Wendell_1561.jpg

Before long, Skaneateles Lake appeared, straight ahead. We flew up the lake to its north end.
Wendell-Skaneateles_1573.jpg

This navigation thing's not so hard - it would be easier if I could read, of course...
Wendell-map_1570.jpg

We headed west, across another lake, and soon there was a really big lake in front of us. Mike said it was Cayuga Lake.
Wendell_1604.jpg

We flew over to Cayuga Lake, then turned south, back toward Ithaca at the south end of the lake.
Wendell-Cayuga_1613.jpg

The clouds were gathering, with the sun peeking through gaps in the clouds and making sun patterns on the lake. It was really beautiful.
Wendell-Cayuga_1615.jpg

About half an hour later, Mike called Ithaca Tower and told them we were on our way. Not long after that, the runway appeared ahead. We were on final approach for Runway 14, Ithaca.
Wendell-final_1624.jpg

Mike made a nice smooth landing, we taxied past the tower back to the hangar...
Wendell_1443.jpg

... and my flight was over. I can't wait to do it again.

Saturday evening, Mike took me to a special ceremony. One of the members of the Sea Scout Ship in Ithaca was receiving her Quartermaster award (the highest rank in Sea Scouting), and not just that, but she was also getting her Venturing Silver (the highest rank in Venturing) and the Venturing Ranger Award.
ceremony-WendellWabbit_1492.jpg

Very few Scouts ever earn Quartermaster, Silver or Ranger - and there are very few, indeed, who actually manage to earn all three of them. I am impressed. Mike introduced me to Yvonne, and it turned out that she lives with a bunny - a Dutch rabbit named "Bandit". How neat is that?
Yvonne-WendellWabbit_1551.jpg

Today we took Mike's tractor out into the forest to cut firewood for the winter. Unfortunately, my legs were too short to reach the pedals...
Wendell-tractor_1628.jpg

Mike said the chainsaw was too big and dangerous for me to use, so I could only sit on some logs he'd already cut and watch.
Wendell-wood_1625.jpg

We got the logs loaded up into the trailer behind the tractor and drove back to the Warren. I helped stack the logs on the porch, all ready to keep Mike and Natasha and the other bunnies warm for the winter.
Wendell-wood_1626.jpg

It's been a full day, but I've had fun. Time to go - 'night all!

WOW Wendell it looks like you had an amazing weekend!
What amazing pictures!

MikeScone looks like he has been a wonderful host!
I just looked up what Sea Scouts are and thats really cool!

Wendell, you had such a busy weekend! Private airplane ride (classy!), awards ceremony, and firewood cutting! Bet you were tired after all that. And I'm glad Mike didn't let you use the chainsaw, that could have been disastrous.

Wendall, looks like you are having a wonderful time! I wanted to let you know that you are now famous in Israel. I am here with work and have been showing your picture from your visit with my warren to my co-workers. They all think you are extremely handsome and tallented.

WOW Wendell, what a fun filled action packed weekend you've had, I hope you didn't tire Mike out too much! Your photos are all great, thanks everso much for sharing them with us!:)

I woke up this morning, and everything outside was white! I think that's the snow Mike was talking about!
Wendell_1630.jpg

I had to get out and see what snow was all about.
Wendell_1632.jpg

I see... it's cold... I think I'll go back inside, now...

Back