Well, that was awful

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMiraclesRR

Reaction score
Charlotte County, FL // Camden County,NJ, , USA
I just spent the better part of this past week hospitalized. :-( I've got some intestinal issues that were causing horrible abdominal pain, and I got stuck in a hospital bed all week.

The good news is, the habbitat for the rabbitats project went off very well this past weekend, and five of the seven condos are ALMOST done, and the remaining two are purchased and waiting for assembly. We're going to have to get them done this week because- WE GOT AN AIR CONDITIONER!! Not just any old portable a/c for the garage, we got an actual house-sized A/C which is getting profesionally installed for $800 (the unit is being DONATED!) so that the bunnies may be a crisp, cool 70-something degrees all summer despite the FL heat! Insane, huh!?

We've also got a bunch of new bunnies, and had some adoptions, thanks to Pam, my executive director and backbone! She's been working double-time while I've been recovering.

Lastly, Sarah, one of our volunteers, helped pick out fabrics for taking new bunny photos, and I got around to snapping photos after I got home from the hospital today, so there's a ton of new bunny pictures on our myspace (www.myspace.com/littlemiraclesrr) and our petfinder account as well.

Check it out - there's pics of the new condos being built too!

Dublinperky wrote:
That is so cool that someone would donate the air conditioning. Hope you get better!:)

Yeah, haha, quite literally. :)

One of our adoptive families I had called back recently had written us a nice letter of update, and somehow mentioned that he works in air conditioning, and I asked him if he had any way to get us a discount on a/c and he popped up with the offer of donating a unit - now he's asking his boss if they can donate a BRAND NEW unit instead of the used one. Even better!

Im so glad to hear you are doing ok! Did you get some simthicone and belly rubs? :p

Thats great news about the AC! It always brightens my day to hear of someone being so generous and caring. Congrats- I bet you and the buns will be so happy!

LOL! Simethicone and belly rubs!

I'm glad you are doing ok also! I've been watching to see if you have updated on how you are feeling???

Thank you guys!

I sure wished someone was around to give me simethicone and belly rubs! I was in the hospital on reglan (metoclopromide) and ciprofloxin -and I kept telling the doctors they had me on bunny medications! I was also in stasis, and I was none too happy to know what our beloved bunny friends feel like! Now I know it first hand!

I was also ondilaudid (which is stronger than morphine) and I'm pretty sure the doctors were pretty sure that's why I was rambling about bunnies.

I've been at home for a few days now, and my sorta bf and my bestest pal, Pam have been working REALLY hard taking care of all the animals, finishing up the condos, and Pam's gotten us the air conditioner donation. We're paying for the install ($800) but still a great deal. My home inspection is Sunday this week, but the entire new condo will be in and done, so that's GREAT. I hope my landlords let me buy the house w/ all the upgrades we've freakin' done!

I'm pretty useless and still in a lot of pain. The medications they've got me on make me feel pretty crappy, and the really strong pain killers aren't even working, I'm totally immune to them. The final determination was that I've got Chrone's Disease and IBS, and I had a bowel impaction. It was a pretty harrowing experience, and I don't envy the nurses who had to put up with me demanding pain meds every three hours ON THE BUTTON. They should have given me a **** drip.

Anyways, thanks for all your concern. It was hell being without a computer and my bunnies and my dog!!

You poor dear! How painful! Maybe now that you have a diagnosis, it can be managed more comfortably. (Of course, being around your bunnies and dog should make you feel a little better too!)

Hope all goes well with the house inspection. It would be wonderful if you can buy the house!

Latest posts

Back