Well that lasted long...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
Remember when I said... I would get 2 bunnies? And really try hard to stick with 2 bunnies?

Yeah... No...

Tonight, we're goingto pick up an adorable one year-old harlequin mini-rex. I will be getting the doubble hutch shortly so I will house this girl and Smores in that one. If, later they bond, I will open that hutch up to make it a single large hutch. Maybelle will be staying in my current hutch. Yes, all the bunnies need shots and will need speutered. That is already understood. This new girl will be the first to be spayed since she is older.We will have all their shots done as well. They will all get plenty of space. Even if she doesn't ever bond with Smores, it won't be an issue. Maybelle isn't being replaced in the least so no worries about that.

I will always have a special place for mini-rex, always. When I saw this girl my heart skipped a beat. She's not a broken castor, and I've never seen her in person, but her eyes got me. Plus, 1- she's a mini-rex, 2-she's a harlequin, 3-she's being rehomed. I *almost* got a plush lop from a breeder but I fell for this girl :biggrin2:

http://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/photopopup/359556072/1

I have never seen a bunny with that coloring before, its so pretty! and i agree with the mini-rex soft spot, mine is a PITA but i love her anyways, lol

Glad you guys like her, I adore her! :biggrin:

We left yesterday evening to go pick her up and drove up there. I had a bad feeling because we didn't get the woman's phone number and her emails were really abrupt and a bit 'all over the place' so I was quite concerned something would go wrong. We drove along the street, looking for the address... Nothing. The navigator told us the address wasn't in the system. 'Hmmm, great!,' I thought... Then Jeff looked at me and said that maybe it actually was in the trailor park we passed... It didn't look like the best area but okay we drove around again and sure enough there it was.

Now, I have nothing against trailor people but I got this really creepy feeling when we got out of the car. Jeff too really. We got to the fence and this nasty-looking dog came out and started barking at us :expressionlessLol. Ah well, he wasn't mean or anything. They let us in and the woman showed us the bunnies. She had teddys mainly so I got to see my first teddy in person. Man are those things ever fluffy! LOL. I'm glad I didn't go for one because I would really be concerned about the heat. I think I will wait until I am well-adjusted and aware of the climate here. Anyway, I spotted my girl and I absolutely loved her right away. Only five euros less in our pockets, and she was mine.

I wouldn't have left her even if they had asked for 50. The bunnies didn't look bad at first glance but I could tell that they pretty much never got out of those hutches which weren't huge to begin with. The little boy decided he wanted to show us his guinea pigs so he took one out and let me pet it. Man, that poor guinea pig's coat was terrible. :expressionlessIt was long and dirty and matted. I think I'd have taken them all if I could have but I couldn't so I just grabbed my girl and off we went.

You know the word 'petrified'? I think that is the closest word I can use to describe how scared she is. I held her in my arms the whole ride home, with her head tucked into my neck.Even when I put her down, she didn't budge. Her eyes were enormous :expressionlessI snuggled her into a shirt and cradled her for a bit, petting her nose very gently, and whispering to her. Finally, I decided it was best to just put her in the kennel where it was darker and closed the door to the room so the cats couldn't go scare her.

She's still there, still having these huge huge eyes but she did come up to Jeff and I to sniff us. I think, she is a gentle soul who really deserves to be spoiled rotten. I know exactly who she reminds me of, and it's not just because she's a mini-rex either. I don't like to play favorites, but I think she and I will always have a special bond. I am giving her a bit of space now to relax and see that no one wants to harm her and then I will work on things with her.

I wasn't given any food so I have put her on hay and water for the next few days and I will introduce veggies slowly. I have no idea if she's ever had anything fresh so I will wait until she is much less stressed to start. I'm really hoping she will be ok. I did notice that she seems to have a broken toe and her nails are way too long. Clipping her nails is a priority but I have to wait until she is a bit more calm.

I forgot just how comforting and wonderful rex feel... :inlove:

That poor girl, living in those conditions! She looks sooo cute and so deserserving of a good home. I hope she comes out of her shell for you soon :)

My baby Dill was a harlequin mini-rex boy. :cry4:

She's beautiful!!

sas :goodjob

Hahaha they ARE addictive! :biggrin2: I've known that for a while but I seem to have forgotten just how bad it gets. Lol.

She's still absolutely petrified so I am trying to figure ways to help her out. I think time will help a lot.

The new hutch came today (at barely 8am btw, we were still in bed after last night's Toto concert :shock:) so I am thrilled. She and Smores will share that one :) (It's a split hutch no worries)

Grrr touchpad... Sorry

I've started introducing pellets slowly. So far, her system seems to be handling them well. No musy poops or anything. She's eating and drinking since I see the hay going down quickly and the water too.

Sas, who can forget about Dill... There's something about those mini-rexes... Hehehe. It's nice to have one again :)

Latest posts

Back