Well, here I am

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Turtle

Reaction score
My wife, MyRabbits, has already introduced herself, and I've replied and extended her posts, but she says I really have to have my own introductory post, so this is it.

I am new to wabbits. I am a cat guy... I have probably had 40 in my life, and with my ex-wife, we had as many as 24 (neutered rescue cats, mostly) but we're down to 13 now. But then I meet this girl, and she has wabbits, and one day she says she wants a Flemish.

Things have not been the same since.

Anyway, we are now ARBA and NFGRBA members, and this last weekend showed at our first show with our second Flemish sandy buck, Sam. His proper name is ML Samuel Gompers, and he is a complete brat. Fortunately, we found him a girlfriend, courtesy Wayne Bechdel, a junior doe who has been officially named BR Crepe Suzette, or just "Suzette."

Nora (MyRabbits) gets all the glory, and I give up all the blood. I bear scars from all of our Flemish. I don't know, maybe I taste like apples or something. Our new doe bit my arm hard before we even bought her.

Still, I am nothing if not forgiving, even if the wabbits don't understand the concept of "hey, I never bit YOU..."

I am also responsible for engineering and building hutches, holding the monsters when they don't want to be held, and thumping the floor when they thump first. After all, it's still OUR house, since the wabbits can't hold a pen at the real estate closing and thus can't get a mortgage.

So, here I am.

Turtle

Welcome to the forum Turtle! Your wife is lucky to have someone like you who helps her out and the rabbits are lucky to have someone like you who helps take care of them!

Shannon

HAHAHA! I love it!

Great to have another guy aboard here! I truly believe that guys that end up being bunny people are wonderful bunny people! It's abviously true because you take the punishment of the bites! :shock:

Welcome aboard! :) I have two blue flemmies that have attitudes or whatmy wife, Wabbitmom, call blueatudes. I carry some scars from the doe, but I still love her.

I have a light grey and black that are just sweeties, both does and I just lost a loveable flemmie steelbuck Barney who was one cool rabbit.

:hello Welcome! Yeah, it's better that you have your own "identity"... Did you enjoy the Flemish Specialty Show? What did you think? :biggrin2:

:welcome1

Haha, we love funny guys, you should get on fabulously well with JimD and WabbitDad12 amongst other talented comedians around here, myself mostly excluded as I struggle to find enough time to post.

My bunners are in home built hutches too with big pens around them.
I have quite taken to a touch of carpentry and fence building of late and proud that my amateur attempts are still holding.

Anyway I look forward to lots more pics, and I live with a cat person so yeah...its a bunner vs kittie war at times.

The Turtle wrote:
But then I meet this girl, and she has wabbits, and one day she says she wants a Flemish.

Things have not been the same since.
Oh how true that statement is.....things will NEVER be the same after getting a flemish.

Welcome to the forum....just beware...flemish are like really good potato chips...you can't stop at just one!

Haha! My boyfriend can somewhat sympathize with you! You're buns are using you as a chew stick, while my Toby uses my boyfriend's stuff for a toilet. It's great! :p

Welcome!! =^_^=

Latest posts

Back