Welcome to the Wild..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bassetluv wrote:
I could swear I heard whippoorwills calling, for a fullminute or so. I don't think whippoorwills are native to Africa...maybethey have a bird there that sounds like one?
This was on the site in the info under the screen:

Nkorho pan is named afterNkorho bush Lodge which gets it name from the Shangaanderivative for the call of the yellow-billed hornbill, a common andunusual looking bird from this area.

Could that be what you're hearing?

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Bassetluv wrote:
I couldswear I heard whippoorwills calling, for a full minute or so. I don'tthink whippoorwills are native to Africa...maybe they have a bird therethat sounds like one?
This was on the site in the info under the screen:

Nkorho pan is named afterNkorho bush Lodge which gets it name from the Shangaanderivative for the call of the yellow-billed hornbill, a common andunusual looking bird from this area.

Could that be what you're hearing?
hehe...I have no idea, Snuggys Mom! I just heard a bird that soundedidentical to the distinct 'whip-poor-will' cry that identifieswhippoorwills. I imagine there are so many different sounds coming fromthe wilds of Africa, that many creatures probably sound like others.Though I'd be curious to hear what the yellow-billed hornbill soundslike (too bad they didn't have a narrator who could help identify thevarious bird calls and animal noises).

I think my favorite part of that episode was Elaine's reaction to it..."It shrinks?!"

Haha!!! Seinfeld is awesome!

:roflmao:

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Bassetluv wrote:
LOL!

If that elephant could hear you guys, I bet he'dquote GeorgeCostanza: 'I was in the pool!!!' :tongutwo:
:roflmao:

Shrinkage! That episode was hilarious!

Argh!! Every time I turn it on, I only get to watch the bugs! Lol!!

I never turn it on when things are happening...I think the animals know I'm tuning in, hehe!

Hey WAIT!! A skunk!! Hehe...my daughter and I justwatched that skunk in utter fascination...can ya tell we never see anyanimals?? :D

The only reason we looked is because we heard the insects tone down aLOT...and my only thought was that SOMEONE had to be nearby...and sureenough...skunk! :D

I'll keep having it going while I do other things, and we'll see what we see.......

YAY!!! Zebras...and awildabeast!! Wahooo!! (And some toucan-lookin'bird...not sure what that was, but it was quite large!)

It's great, too, because I tuned in to the Africam, and heardimmediately what I KNEW to be zebras, and just couldn't tear away (eventhough I had to go to the bathroom SO BAD, haha!)...and sureenough!! I was right! Hey, those shows about Africapay off! :D

Have fun, all...I will go to bed happy I finally saw some wildlife. :D

omg it looks like there's a young lion drinkin from the pond!!!

ohhh now there's two!!! it's on nite vision!! :elephant:

awww one went and plopped right down to sleep lol cute!!!!!!

aww they're both laying down sleeping lol i am so excited i finally saw something lol

Latest posts

Back