Welcome Home Amber

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
I would like to proudly introduce the new addition to our fur family; Amber.

She was involved in a dumping situation that took place in Lake Tahoe, CA. Second Chance Bunnies (the group I volunteer with) has been helping out with the rescue efforts and education. After losing Dewey so suddenly we weren't actively looking for another rabbit, but there Amber was. My mother and I absolutely fell in love with her laid back and sweet demeanor. She is 5 months old and was spayed last week. Her upper teeth were a little bit longer than usual, so while she was under for the spay surgery the vet trimmed them to where they should be. We will be keeping a close eye on this.

For those who are curious, I will be attempting to bond Dunkin and Amber. While I originally had no intention of this when adopting her, I decided it would be in their best interest. It would be wonderful if they could find company in each other, I know how social rabbit's are. If the bonding fails, no worries. I'm just as happy have two bun's living separately. Amber is an absolute doll and joy to be around. Look at those ears?! Interestingly enough her mother is a Lionhead! We are guessing her father was probably some sort of lop, due to Amber's one lop and one straight ear, not to mention her lack of mane.

Picture time! :hearts

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002_edited.jpg

DSCF0007-1.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

OH my goodness! She is just adorable.

She is very lucky to have found a new home with you, and what a lucky girl having a potential husbun in Dunkin! I hope that the bonding goes well!

Congratulations! :):inlove:

Aw I love her immediately! She looks a lot like Muffin! I'm so glad you've taken her in--I know she'll be spoiled rotten and she deserves it! Good luck with the bonding. It's so sweet to see bunnies in love, and if she already has a sweet demeanor, it should be easier (I hope!).

Thank you everyone! :)

Later today I will be moving Amber's cage from the living room and putting it next to Dunkin's (with a few inches separating). This way I hope they can start to get used to each other. Once Amber has recovered from her Spay surgery more, I will start doing short bunny dates in the bathroom.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Are you going to bond her with Dunkin?
Yep, that's the plan!

Wow! She's a showstopper!
I had to catch my breath after the first photo. Amber is certainly a beautiful gal (and she shares my middle name ;) )

She is so lucky to have found you! What does Dunkin think of her so far?

(Boy, have I been out of the loop... She came on Wed.?!)

Thanks Autumn! :D

Dunkin is cautious around Amber, he doesn't trust her yet. They've had two bunny dates so far. On the second date there was actually grooming from Amber. The sweet moment didn't last long though and soon I had to squirt them with water to stop their arguing. I'm remaining optimistic.

Awww... she's beautiful!!! I love her ears... esp. how one flops and one doesn't!

Sounds like you have reason to be optimistic... her grooming will greatly help the bonding process. Keep up the good work, and take your time.

Latest posts

Back