Weird rabbit behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minipudge18

Reaction score
I noticed my rabbit "flopping" then sleep on the first floor of his cage since yesterday... He usually does that in his 2nd floor which is his bed. Is he sick or something? Im kinda worried. Im hoping it is just due to the warmer weather... Btw, he is an indoor bunny..

If there has been a temperature change inside your house then it's certainly possible. My bunny loves to flop out on the ceramic tile we give him because it is cooler.

My bun flops out wherever he pleases. Maybe he just decided to sleep elsewhere for a change. Too lazy this particular time or two? I wouldn't worry.

It wasn't long after I got my bun bun that I came home to find him laying half on his back and half on his side. He looked dead! Scared the heck out of me. Then I called him and he didn't wake up or move. Then I saw that he was breathing. He was just completely relaxed and in a deep sleep. I had just never seen him do that before. And so it's pretty normal I guess:)

We call it the "DBF - dead bunny flop". It's traumatizing and hilarious to see. Traumatizing because you think your bunny just died, and hilarious because after you've poked and prodded the poor thing you are most likely going to experience a lot of attitude from the bunner for having bugged him or her. :pI've had rabbits for years and it still freaks me out :rollseyesA floppy bunny is a happy bunny. Hehehe.

I saw my first DBF and thought the girls had faught and killed eachother through the fence (we are in the process of bonding). Man I got a sound thumping off for waking them up. :)

on day 4 of having my first bun I gave him Basil to eat and he DBF"d and I thought I had killed him! ran to the computer/searched Google and found this site and everyone explained (just as I am to you) he was just SO HAPPY he had to fall over and "die".. LOL! Now I just love to see my buns DBF, reassures me they are happy.

Latest posts

Back