Weird Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh

Are you sure you aren't looking at the genitals? They're right by each other.

Or do you mean the two kinds of poop? That's because rabbits have a section of intestine called the cecum- it's like our appendix but it's actually useful. Both types of poop move through the small and large intestines and then out the one anus.

There are two bumholes, side-by-side. One to the left one to the right.

I mean I always checked for redness, swelling(fly strike) but never took a real close look till now. It looks like two bumholes, seriously.:shock:

:shock:

One hole is the anus, and the other is the genital opening for the rabbits...you know...
I sure hope your rabbit doesn't have two bottoms! :biggrin2:

Edit: also the holes should be one above the other, not side by side. Are you looking at the scent glands by mistake? They are in two folds on either side of that area.

Could you be seeing the scent glands? or could you have a strange bunny? :?

NZminilops wrote:
:shock:

One hole is the anus, and the other is the genital opening for the rabbits...you know...
I sure hope your rabbit doesn't have two bottoms! :biggrin2:

Edit: also the holes should be one above the other, not side by side. Are you looking at the scent glands by mistake? They are in two folds on either side of that area.
Hmmmm. It's probably scent glands. But one time I saw a flat pellet(poop) sticking out of it.

Ok so Penny is not a muntant, that's good.

It really looked like a poop pellet that was squeshed. I gently pulled it out. I never even knew that these need to be cleaned, how often do you guys check. And how do you clean them?

Yeah, bo gets those poop pellets in between his scent glands and his vent area too. It's nasty to clean those too cause they smelllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

I just found this ->link

Scent Glands:
You should regularly check the underside of your rabbit, making sure their bottom end is clean. Overweight and disabled rabbits will have a difficult time reaching their anus and may often have hardened cecals stuck to their fur. It is also a good idea to check their genital area, and scent glands, which are located on both sides of the genital mound. Occasionally the scent glands will need to be cleaned as well. If you take your thumb and index finger and gently press on the area beside the genital mound, the scent glands will open and become visible. A bit of a pungent odor and some dark waxy material are normal. If the waxy material is hardened, you can gently use a moistened q-tip or soft cloth to soften it and drag it away from the area. Do not dig or irritate this area.

Sorry if anyone is easily offended, but I just took this picture showing the relative whereabouts of the, er, openings :D.

So please don'ty study this picture of rabbits private areas offend you. This is a thumbnail, you can click for a larger image.

The scent glands are tucked away in folds of skin to either side of the genital area. A build up of waxy marterial can gather in there if not checked on a regular basis and can range from yellow to almost black.

That's a great example, because it shows how difficult it can be to see those scent glands. (Nibbles' bum is black, so you can imagine!)

NZminilops wrote:
Sorry if anyone is easily offended, but I just took this picture showing the relative whereabouts of the, er, openings :D.

So please don'ty study this picture of rabbits private areas offend you. This is a thumbnail, you can click for a larger image.

The scent glands are tucked away in folds of skin to either side of the genital area. A build up of waxy marterial can gather in there if not checked on a regular basis and can range from yellow to almost black.
I think the one who will be offended is your bunny :laugh:

Latest posts

Back