Weird noises while drinking?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah92lynn

Reaction score
Lilly sometimes makes these sort of gulping noises when she drinks her water...it sounds like she's super thirsty or something but I know she shouldn't be. She stays in my room so I'm able to keep a good eye on her, her drinking is as normal as it's ever been. It just sounds weird and kind of freaks me out...is this normal for a rabbit to do?

Does she drink out of a bowl or bottle?

Elvira drinks from a bowl and I can hear her drink too. Foo drank from a water bottle and sometimes she would attack the bottle, but I normally couldn't hear her.

Sherlock and Watson drink out of a bowl. I was going to switch them to a bottle, but they drink so much more this way and I think their drinking sounds are adorable. They usually lap up their water and then I can hear them swallow.

She use to drink out of a bowl but she would constantly either knock it over or get stuff in the water so I switched to a water bottle. Also much more convenient if I have to leave her all day or longer. I think I remember hearing the noises when she had a bowl too, but not as loud.

Her swallowing is what I'm hearing, if it didn't scare me I would think it was cute too haha but I do feel a bit better knowing someone else hears their rabbit swallow!

Latest posts

Back