Weird itchy bumps - ingrown hairs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkie2

Reaction score

Description (Breed, color, weight): Lop, brown/white, ~4lb

Age- was a rescue. unknown - think she is ~4

Sex: girl

Concise Summary of the Rabbit's Condition:

I brought her to the Vet once and she said it was not abscesses. However, things have gotten worse (more itchy bumps). These bumps looks like pimples with a either white or black hair that is longer than the rest sticking out of it. The oddest part about it is that the bumps are almost perfectly symmetrical on either side of her face. 3 little bumps right above her eyes on the same side, bumps on her cheek in the same exact area, and the same on the area to the right and left of her nose.

I keep goggling rabbit ingrown hair and every other possibility with no real answer. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
A picture would be very helpful right now.

Is your rabbit kept indoors or outdoor? You said thatthe lumpsare "itchy" so I assume that your rabbit is scratching herself.
While you are attempting to get a diagnosis be sure and cut her nails so that the scratching doesn't cause a secondary infection.

Maybe at some point a vet could do a biopsy of one of the lumps. Is your vet rabbit saavy?

When didthey first start and are the lumps getting larger? of just multiplying or both ?

I actually have not done this myself but hope that it works OK

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=55227&forum_id=66

Latest posts

Back