Weird Flemish Giant - Ear related

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEAMjolly

Reaction score
So I adopted Hank about five months ago as a rescue rabbit. I was assured that he was a Flemish giant, because the people I got him from had also rescued his parents. Now, my question is this: Can Flemish Giants have lopped ears? Because Hank fits the bill in all of the other respects. He's about 6 months old and he's already the size of my mom's adult regular lop. Also, only one of his ears has lopped. I thought it was funny for a while and just figured his other would lop eventually, but one day I realized that it had been almost a month. And it's been probably 2 months to date. So is that bad? It doesn't seem to cause him any harm. So, there are my questions. Sorry they're so long-winded XD!

I adopted a flemmie recently from a shelter who was 7 months at the time, and both his ears flopped to the same side! I think its because he was in a cage too small for him at the shelter (and probably before it too). As time passes by, his one ear is always upright, and the other tries, but lops over when hes in a cuddly mood or being lazy. He can perk both up though if he hears something interesting.
Hope this helps?

Thank you all so much! Your advice definitely helps. Really, I just wanted someone to reassure me that he's not like sick or something. And I will definitely post photos this weekend. Hank is a big friendly giant.

He could also be a mix of Flemish and French lop--they're huge lops almost the same size as flemmies.

Back