Weird dry poops?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianavex

Reaction score
Hello, we meet again!

So Cassie is shedding like crazy the last week and I've done my best to get in there and pluck gobs of hair from her so she doesn't ingest so much of it. I've kept a lot of water in her bowl and her hay rack full to try and keep things moist and moving along. I've also kept a close eye on her poop for any strung pearls and irregularities, which actually isn't really new of me as I'm kind of a mother hen! However, of late, I've noticed she has some dry poops. They're not compact and dense, either. They're normal sized, but dry and crumble apart. It doesn't really look like hair in the center, but instead more like grass or hay, but I'll find them partially shredded apart in the bottom of her cage from where she's stepped on them and they've fallen a bit apart. She's still eating and drinking plenty and enthusiastically and seems to be fine. I'm just wondering if anyone's seen this before or what!

Does her hay have a lot of stems in it? It might just be that she's eating a lot of her hay and getting a lot of fiber, which is good when she's shedding. Just make sure she has access to plenty of water and that her poops stay the normal size.

you could start her on some fresh pineapple just to be sure. Derby went through a phase similiar and when the pineapple was added he passed a lot of poop with fur inside them. For some reason payapya enzymes do not work for him as well as the fresh pineapple. I gave him a couple of little chunks 2 times a day for awhile. Now he gets pineapple once a day as long as he is shedding.

I'll try this! When I noticed her having small, irregular, strung together poop about a month ago during a pretty normal shedding, I gave her a couple tiny pieces of pineapple a couple times a day and it seemed to help her pass things along. I just wasn't sure if she was having any problems now or what!

Latest posts

Back