Weighed the boys!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well I weighed Mocha a few days ago but Icouldn't get Spice out of his cage to come inside so I did it todaybefore putting him back in his cage after a run.

On January 14, 2005 Mocha weighed in at 6.04 lbs!

Today, Spice weighed in at 6.614 lbs.

I have their weights recorded from months back.The only problem is I think my scale was out once. :?When Icheck my records they both weighed substantially more once when Iweighed them compared to what they have been since. Since it was thesame date and they both weighed so much more, I'm just thinkingsomething was wrong with the scale when I measured because they areboth fine and I think they are roughly the same size as they were then.The one that was really high was September while the 2 recent weighings(November 18 and January 14 or 20 depending on the rabbit) are a fairbit lower.

I don't really have anything to go by because the April weighting ishigh too. :?They weren't that fat then. Perhaps I need totake a look at my scale and make sure it's attached to the wall right!

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Well I weighed Mocha a few days ago but I couldn't get Spiceout of his cage to come inside so I did it today before putting himback in his cage after a run.

LOL...I woldnt know how to act with buns that big. My nethies weigh inaround 2lbs (one is 2.06) The biggestHollandis 3lbs.

Lanna

They're even more beautiful fluffy! :)

After this winter, they needed that bit of weight.

Kiss those babies for me.

:)

-Carolyn

lanna! OMG! They are tiny babies! Ididn't know that they stayed smaller than mini-rex. I thoughtthey were the same size pretty much.

I held a full sized rex-mix one day and it felt like I was carrying atoddler LOL! It's not that big of a difference, but it'senough!

LOL! Have you weighed Henry? I figure Bo is somewhere around 1/2 to 2/3 his size maybe?

I love Spice and Mocha! I want to give them big hugs and pet them :) They'd probably bite me! LOL!

He was just under 8lbs last time I weighedhim. I'll have to do it again soon as he's due to have itdone. He isn't incredibly big, but he's a dead weight whenyou have to hold him for any amount of time. :)

Ang xx

Delphinum wrote:
He was just under 8lbs last time I weighed him.I'll have to do it again soon as he's due to have it done. Heisn't incredibly big, but he's a dead weight when you have to hold himfor any amount of time. :)

Ang xx
:shock:I didn't know Henry andBo were that big!! They are monster bunnies! Sebastian would fit in oneof Cali's ears!

Raspberry

Henry's a standard rex rather than mini so Ithink he's a bit bigger than Bo. I loved it when he was anincy wincy wee thing... now he's a big lump! And humphing himabout it a task in itself! LOL

I have to say though, I do have a 'thing' for big rabbits! It's the ears that do it! :D

Ang xx

I don't have any bunny sized scales so I weighmyself on my batroom scales then pick each of the buns up in turn andsee how much heavier I am when holding them. It's not themost accurate method but both of my babies weigh just over 6lbs!

Aw such a pretty rabbit! What kind is he?

We used to live in Leeds... both Henry and Max were bought there, sothey're Yorkshire buns! LOL Sounds like a cake orsomething!!

Ang xx

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Delphinum wrote:
He was justunder 8lbs last time I weighed him. I'll have to do it againsoon as he's due to have it done. He isn't incredibly big,but he's a dead weight when you have to hold him for any amount oftime. :)

Ang xx
:shock:I didn't know Henry andBo were that big!! They are monster bunnies! Sebastian would fit in oneof Cali's ears!

Raspberry
Bo is 3.5 pounds. He's not as big as Henry so we say he's Henry's Mini Me LOL!

lanna21974 wrote:
MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Well Iweighed Mocha a few days ago but I couldn't get Spice out of his cageto come inside so I did it today before putting him back in his cageafter a run.

LOL...I woldnt know how to act with buns that big. My nethies weigh inaround 2lbs (one is 2.06) The biggestHollandis 3lbs.

Lanna
Lanna, then you wouldn't know what to do with my Sherman. He weighs in at approximately 10 pounds ... :)

Now I want Sherman even more! :shock:10 lbs!

But I'll settle for a 20 lbs steel Flemish Giant and leave Sherman alone. ;)

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Well I weighed Mocha a few days ago but I couldn't get Spiceout of his cage to come inside so I did it today before putting himback in his cage after a run.

Oh my gosh, I thought they weighed so much more! Benji is about 6 or 7 lbs. So they are about the size of Benji.

Back