Weepy Eye?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyB

Reaction score
My four month old French Lop, Thumper, has a watery/weepy eye. I never see it watering, but as of two days ago, the fur aroud his eye began getting very matted, like if we were to get something[like soda] in our hair. His eye is all wet and matted. Its his right eye and its not inflammed or anything, its just been watering a lot. He normally wakes up with eyeboogers, which I wipe away with a wet warm cloth, but now its matted. He's acting perfectly normal, and nothing it wrong except that eye. Help?

I think you should take him to the vet. One of my rabbits had an eye like that and I tried some home remedies, but he stopped eating and pooping and then I had to take him to the vet. It took a while to nurse him back to health with the vets help, round the clock syringe feedings and antibiotic ointment in his eye, but he did pull through. I just wish I had taken care of the eye before he got to the point that he stopped eating and then I would have only had to treat that instead of that along with the GI stasis.

Thing is, when I checked him this morning, his eye was back to normal. Not even matted anymore, its like he washed his face somehow and it's perfectly normal now....

Latest posts

Back