week home weekend home traveling with bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetjenessa

Reaction score
I stay my house during the weekDAY and by the weekEND I leave to my boyfriends house.
The distance between my house to my bf house is 20 minutes away, if that.
I always take my rats with me on the weekend and again back home on weekdays, they have the same "SETUP" at my bf house.. the rats seem fine with it.

Would it be ok to do the same for my rabbit? Bringing him with me on weeknd to my bf house (where he has an entire apartment to run free)
Then back to my house for the week.

Basically I always read that rabbits gets "stressed out" from 'changes' but this traveling will be often, so I'm guessing hell get used to both houses, without being stress.
Is doing this ok??

Of course ill have the same set up, cage, food, carrying/traveling case, etc.. I don't want to make him stress, but would like to take him with me since my house has less running space then my boyfriends apartment , and I'm gone every weekend.

Should he be ok?

How was he on the trip when you first brought him home?

You can try it once & see how it goes, but if it doesn't go well, the bf might come visit you instead in the future.

Benjamin travels alot. He has a big mattress that folds over back seat of my car and a dirt box with hay in it. At the other end he has a big rug that goes on the bed, so he doesn't scent the new area. He appears to be fine with travelling as long as he has an area that he can run after and work the gas off. We have always travelled with our rabbits and they have all been fine. It is just a matter of them getting used to the travelling and the new place. If this is an ongoing thing, he should adjust. If he doesn't you can try the solution above.

Rabbits can do fine with travel, but some do better than others. If you can keep some things the same, like the litter box, blankets and diet, it is easier.

I would at least try it for a couple weekends to see how he does. If he does well, then you should be able to keep doing it. If he stresses too much, then you can leave him at home, but you would have to arrange to check on him or get someone to check on him at least once a day during the weekend (shouldn't be too hard if you are only 20 minutes away).

Latest posts

Back