Wearing a harness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coconut

Reaction score
Does anyone else have to wear a harness? My human mommy makes me wear one sometimes and I HATE them. They go around my neck and my body, and sometimes I get my feet through the wrong place and get tangled. And they keep me from going wherever I want to go.

My mommy said I'm going to do something called 'rabbit hopping' when I am older. At first it sounded fun to do something called 'rabbit hopping'. But mommy says I am going to have to wear a harness, so now I don't want to do it.

Does anyone else ever have to wear a harness or walk on a leash? Do you like wearing a harness or walking on a leash?

Benji: I hate my harness. I do not wear it. If my mommy does eventually manage to get it on me, I either manage to wriggle and squeeze out of it- if I can't do that then I play dead (hehe) and my mommy gets really worried and lets me out straight away, and then I hop off :) I really hate it so much. So mommy never puts it on me any more.

Pippin: Mommy tried to put Benji's harness on me- I didn't really mind, but as I'm so tiny it didn't fit at all. Apparently she is going to 'buy' another one. It might be fun :)

Is it that thing with the bell? I wear one sometimes. Mostly wen I am outside. It makes me easier to catch. I dont really mind it much. It bell is anoying though. I have a red one. It looks pretty aganist my black fur. Sophie has a purple one. I used to have a huggy one with a stretchy leash. I chewed it and dont have to wear it anymore. My new one is harder to chew, but I dont have a leash.

Harness good. Leash BAD. always chew leashes.

Rex: My mom gets so excited when it is harness time...I pretend for her to like it, but really I would much prefer freedom.

Mini: Yeah you pretend in front of mom, then the second her back is turned you start begging me to chew your harness off for you, she always catches us will you never learn!

Fluffy and Norbert: We are good bunnies we like our harnesses, we even hop on the leash good!

Rex and Mini: Good two bunnies!!

Hey Simi here, i dont have me one on thems, but mamma said that i will soon, and ill have to like it, or i wont be able to go on something called vacation with her.

Hey, Sisi here, and Mama and I havent really dicussed a 'harness' yet, but I am sure i will have to have one, mama said that maybe o can come on vacation too, so i will love mine - plus,i am just better behaved that simi.

Hey, simi here again, and I just had t osay that she isnt better then me! I am just.... shy, yeah Im shy.

Well at first I had a fit when mom put it on and she cried because it scared her and I screamed. But then I realised that she wants it on so I am good and ware it. I have to only outsideor in the basement because apparently I need to be asy to cathc. I dont know about that because I truely want to live the wild life but om say I am far to much of a baby to do that. What does she know!!As for my new daddys bunny I hear mommy say all the time that he is a brat and dosnt let dad put his on. Oh well dad deserves the truoble :D

I hate it too!! My mommy only made me wear it once, but now shes says im responisible and i run around the front lawn and come back when i see the craison bag.

Bunbuns
:bunny18

My mommy puts the harness on me every day :? (Except for recently, because I just got neutered and she doesn't want me to get...in..insected.)
I'm good and stay still when she puts it on me, though, because that means I get to go outside! (I've never been outside without my harness or the cage)
In fact, she just got me a new harness that I haven't tried out yet, for when I'm better :) ...It's purple, though... I don't know if I like the implications of that, along with the vet taking away my juu juu bees.... :?
But the leash part is really long and extendible, so I can go all the way across the yard without mommy following me everywhere like a stalker :biggrin2:
~Butter

i think my daddy was going to try a harness on me once...
it was pretty to LOOK at, but really!!

i gave him the butt and and stomped a few times and he said "never mind"

...haven't seen it since.

it's too hot out anyway...and i get to run around in our new room....so i don't mind.

~toots

Benji: I still hate it :X

Pippin: Mummy bought me a new one small enough to fit me and I love it! I dont mind at all wearing it- we walk round the house and it's really fun! Soon I'll be able to go outside in the garden!!

Bracon - I dont like wearing my harness thing. I try to wriggle out of it, which is fun when mummy tries to catch me:). I dont like it when she puts it on me either. So she bribes me with grass so I stay still.

Warren- Ive never had a go of one of these harnessessess or whatever you call it. Mummy says I can have a go of one this week, I'm not really looking forward to it though. I dont need no leash, im wild:dude:

~Hannah,Bracon&Warren~

me?! wear a harness?! lmao, HELL no! i am much too sophisticated for a harness! if anyone should wear a harness, it's my human! i'm a free spirit, a wild rebel, no one would dare try to tie me up!

ps: don't mention the harness thing to my mummy, she might try to put me in one :shock:

Absolutely possitively not...I am the queen and mommy and i really need one for my servant though...

Ashes

Ashes-

thats because mommy probably can't find one to fit you (you are a little over weight)

-frosty

yes i wear one and mommy thinks it makes me look pretty. i like the jingle from my tag but i dont like when my mommy clips the part on my tummy then i kick her and then she gets mad and takes my carrot.

Fluffy drags a stool to the middle of the room and jumps up onto it, and periscopes his crowd, "Well my first harness was one of those cheapo rope looking ones with the plastic lock, I HATED that one and would attempt to chew through it every chance I had. Flopsy loved how light it was and how it didn't hender his form at all over jumps." Fluffy's voice then drops to a whisper, "Mom still has his harness, she still hasen't let go of her baby boy and I don't think she every will." He starts rambling on once more, "Now that I'm an indoor rabbit, Mom got me this nice blue nylon harness with one of those nice clip locks. I don't like having it put on but once I'm outside I zoom zoom zoom." :biggrin2:

-:rabbithop Fluffy

The picture off the the left is my little brother Muffin. My furparents make me wear one when they take me outside, I don't like getting the stupid thing on, but I have fun when I am outside with it. Being a Flemish Giant people never knew bunnies could get as big as me and I get a lot of attention which I deserve. My boyfriend Barney isn't thrilled about gettinng the harness on but he likes it once its on and he enjoy's the fresh dandelion greens. Our furparents never let us go in the bushes when we have the harness on, thats a bummer.

Rudy here

I love mine :cool:it means I get to run outside plus I think I look sexy in mine

rudyandprince177.jpg

Prince here

I dont like the one me and Rudes share it dosnt fit me:Xbut you do have to admit I look good in it

rudyandprince168.jpg

Latest posts

Back